Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Making my version of Ginataang Kalabasa

Making my version of Ginataang Kalabasa


I want to eat ginataang kalabasa since it has been long I've eaten this. And due to my cravings, I cooked one. The reason why I don't cook this is mainly because of the coconut cream. I get lazy whenever I think I would need to buy coconut because you'll need to squeeze this. I am not comfortable in buying squeezed coconut cream in the palengke. But because there is already Coco Mama that I can use, I decided to cook this. This is not sponsored. I think this is the first time I'm making ginataang kalabasa.


Ingredients:

  • 2 medium sized red onion, strip
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 5-6 pieces of pork liempo, strips
  • Squash, cut thinly into square shapes
  • Coco Mama 200 mL
  • 1 red chili
  • 3 bunch of spring onions


In a hot pan with oil, drop the meat and lower to 1000w setting. Sauté and season meat with salt and pepper. When seeing brown, sauté the garlic and then the onion. Add pinch of salt. When translucent, drop the squash and 1 bouillon beef cube. Sauté for 2-3minutes. Add Coco Mama and simmer until squash is soft. Add the spring onions and red chili, simmer at the lowest heat setting. 


Now I get it why sitaw is included here. It is because when the squash becomes soft, the dish kind of turns to a soup-like consistency and you need sitaw for volume. And next time, this dish would be great with generous amounts of pork!





No comments:

Post a Comment