Friday, June 9, 2023

Dry adobo

Dry adobo


Have you tried making adobo? I think this is my first time making adobo and prior to cooking I don't know really what is the result that do I want. I went on base on my intuition and seasoned the meat base on what I've envision on what it would taste like. I was a bit nervous at the result but it did great!


Ingredients:

  • 500 grams mechado pork cut (I think this would be better with adobo cuts and best if pork liempo was used instead)
  • 7 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 15 tablespoons or more of 7 up drink
  • 8 pieces Calamansi juice
  • Generous amount of Black pepper and pinch of salt
  • 1 head garlic minced
  • Magic Sarap
  • 1 red onion chopped
  • Whole peppercorns
  • Laurel leaves
  • Oil


Mix the meat with soy sauce, 7 up, Calamansi, pinch of salt and pepper. Marinate for at least an hour.


In a hot pan, put the meat without the marinade and saute for a while. Then add the marinade sauce. Add a dash of Magic Sarap. Put whole peppercorns and laurel leaves. Simmer until almost no liquid is left. Add a teaspoon or two of washed sugar and let it dissolve. Add chopped red onion and saute. Once translucent, turn it off.


No comments:

Post a Comment