Sunday, August 7, 2016

How to Terminate/Unsubscribe to PLDT Home DSL Super Bundle

How to Terminate/Unsubscribe to PLDT Home DSL Super Bundle

If you have applied and gotten a PLDT Home DSL, chances are you have also been granted a free Super Bundle for 3 months. Super Bundle consists of Caller ID, Call-In-Waiting, Call Forwarding, etc. After 3 months of free use, PLDT would charge you for these for 120 php/month.

However, if you want to terminate or unsubscribe to this feature you can call their hotline at 171.

Please read on if you want to hear my experience with this:

8/8/2016: After pressing 171 at 2:00 pm, a voice prompt could be heard. I pressed 1 for customers and then I was asked to input the area code and the telephone number. A prompt would repeat again the telephone number you had encoded and you would be asked if this is correct and I did so I pressed 1 (for yes).

Now, for those who do not know your area code which luckily I did after some time, you could find yours in your newest statement of account in the right upper portion which are the first two digits just before your telephone number.

Then I pressed 1 for billing (I read it from a blog review) and then I was directed to Ms. Issa a customer representative. As I voiced out my request, she told me that my request could only be catered by the After Sales/Request (I think it was that). So you had to press 3 instead of 1. Anyway, she was kind enough to transfer me to the department and I was able to talk to Ms. Alvie. I requested for a cancellation of Super Bundle and she asked me a couple of questions for validation and the valid id that was used when you had applied for the Home DSL. After that, she told me that the request was processed and it would take effect after 48 hours and also advised me to monitor if it had been terminated.

******
UPDATE AS OF 8/19/2016 5:37 pm

I called again the PLDT hotline 171 and directed my call to the After Sales Service to verify if my request for the cancellation of the Super Bundle has taken effect. As per Ms. Kristel, the Super Bundle feature was already deactivated last 8/11/2016.

2 comments:

  1. Grabe i feel cheated with superbundle nila. 1440 din yun annuallly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will also like to terminate my contract with, but as off the most moment 171 and 177 will not setve the purpose. No custumer care is answering and only voice promt. And i think i need to visit pldt office just to cancel ng subscription. Wasting to much of my time that is alreadu wasted by their incopetent services. As i was writing these i think pldt tetminated 2000 of their employess, not sure if it is organic to them ( august 24, 2018)

    ReplyDelete