Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Let's talk Electric Fans!

Let's talk Electric Fans!



Hmmm... Unless you have more money to splurge on aircons, I think a typical Filipino household would owned at least one electric fan. They are a staple need because it consumes less energy than an aircon.


Technology had really outdone itself. Today, you can already purchase an electric fan for as low as 300 pesos. I'll give you my take on the electric fan brands that we use at home.

 

Asahi - This far I think is the best one. Though it was subjected to heavy use, 2 of the unit of this brand still works fine. I like that it provides high blast of wind.


Astron -  The one that I purchase 2 years ago is now not working properly. Maybe because it was overused as this was working 24/7 on some instances. So I conclude that this is not recommended for heavy duty use. The unit seems unlikely to be safe as it already overheats.


3D Standard - Reliable brand but less blast of air.


Electric fans on Online Shopping Sites like Shopee/Lazada/Divisoria,etc - My mother got this during her Divisoria trip with her friend. It was at 250 pesos at that time. I didn't like it at first because it has a tripod support which is unstable. When I looked it up today, the newer version has a circular support which makes it more stable. It provides a decent amount blast of air and a lot of users feedback that they were able to slash their electricity bill because of using this. This makes sense because it has a small motor that consumes around 13W whereas to compare to a more reliable brands 65W or higher. The downside of it is that I think this is not proven to be safe (That's why when you're using this you have to be awake. And though this is already raved and rampant, department stores do not sell these unfortunately.). I also wouldn't recommend this to be used heavily, so better have an alternating unit to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment