Thursday, June 1, 2023

Another attempt at Coleslaw

Another attempt at Coleslaw



This is my second time to make a coleslaw. Now I know why KFCs coleslaw is very much expensive because it is tedious to make. I could very much tell you that from experience if you don't have a machine or food processor available.


First step:

  • One large head cabbage, washed thoroughly and shredded
  • 1 big carrot, minced
  • 3 medium size onion minced



Wash the cabbage thoroughly. I submerged the cabbage in a water with 1 caplet of white vinegar and teaspoon of sugar for about 2 minutes after scrubbing them in a brine solution. Rinse with water and drain for a bit. Shred the cabbage into strips. Let it dry for a bit.

Peel the carrot, onion and wash with water. Chop into small blocks  and using a food processor/food chopper, finely chop according to preference.

Mix the two vegetables.



I learned another technique from the internet that was life changing. In my first attempt, though it was okay for my taste, I was looking for something. And it turned out that yoghurt was what I am looking for. And because I'm trying this mixture out for the first time, I made it on a bowl first before pouring it out on the vegetables










Coleslaw mixture

11 generous tablespoon of mayonnaise (I made mine from scratch)

6 teaspoon of washed sugar

2 medium pieces kalamansi, extracted

100g Pascuals Greek Yoghurt plain

Salt and pepper


No comments:

Post a Comment