Tuesday, May 9, 2023

How to Renew Your Philippine Birth Certificate 2023 (from NSO to PSA)

How to Renew Your Philippine Birth Certificate 2023 (from NSO to PSA)


If you are like me who still possess a NSO birth certificate, you can already change your birth certificate from NSO to PSA by setting an appointment online by your nearest PSA center and get it either by pickup or door to door delivery.


Previously, I got my birth certificate in the Pasay branch. And because I am nearest in Muntinlupa and I'm nearly itching to go out and wander because this week will be jam-packed with activities (mostly seminars), I decided to get my birth certificate at the PSA satellite center located in the 4th floor of the Ayala Malls South Park. Aside from that, I was also interested in checking out  what's inside Ayala Malls South Park (I didn't know of its existence until now). It was a good thing that the PSA in Alabang Muntinlupa had moved to the Ayala Malls South Park.


I didn't choose the delivery which will cost 330 per piece because I plan on getting 2 copies.  Should you want to opt for the door to door delivery, you may apply here by clicking PSA Serbilis


From the feedback videos that I've watched so far, if you want to do it pick up, you need to have an appointment first. Set your preferred appointment at PSA Online Appointment Pick up. Scroll down the page and tick on the agree button in the end. Please take note that minors are not allowed to make an appointment. Appointment slots are on a first come, first serve basis. As of the moment, a piece of birth certificate will cost you 155 pesos. But upon appointment, if you happen to prefer to get your PSA in Ayala Malls South Park, it was stipulated in the website that because of a Memorandum between Muntinlupa and PSA, an add-on fee will be charged over the birth certificate fee. So you will pay a total of 230 pesos per birth certificate.


Before going to the site, please bring a ballpen and a printed appointment slip or secure a digital copy of appointment slip in your phone and a valid identification card.


Upon arrival in the Ayala Malls South Park, go first to the 3rd floor and take the stairs as the first station will be there. You will see a kiosk with a PSA signage and present your appointment slip. Either printed or digital copy to the attendant will suffice and they will check if you really have an appointment based on their record. Upon confirmation, he/she will give you a form to fill up. Form should be filled up from front and back.


Using the stairs, go up to the 4th floor and walk straight ahead. You will see on your left side the PSA office. The guard will give you a queue number and proceed to the waiting area for the screening. There is a separate counter for priority and regular lane. Upon your turn, present a valid ID to the assessor and he/she will verify some details. (It was a surprise when the assessor has the same name as me! Talking about coincidence!) Next is to proceed to the waiting area for the encoding. When it is your turn, give the form and present your valid ID, and then after than is to pay for the local payment of 75 pesos per document. You will be directed to go outside and enter the vicinity adjacent to the PSA. On your right end counter is the payment for the local government. Give the form, then your payment and they will give you a receipt for that. Go back to the PSA office again and proceed to the waiting area for the payment. They accept e-wallets such as Gcash and Maya. Pay up the fee for the documents.


Finally, you go to the waiting area for the releasing. When you see your queue number flash in the screen, it means that your document is ready. You wait for your turn to be catered. The releasing officer asked me if I had a national ID and I said that I didn't have one. It was weird that she was asking about something but then she probed if I have an appointment that day to which I affirmed. I shown her the digital copy and then she nodded, proceeded to release my requested documents. And then that's it!


To summarize it all up, these are all the steps in the PSA:

  1. Form fill up station (3rd floor near stairs)
  2. Screening
  3. Encoding
  4. Payment (for Local Government Unit)
  5. Payment (for the PSA document)
  6. Releasing


Overall, the transaction was a breeze. It took me around 45 minutes in total in order to get my PSA birth certificate!




No comments:

Post a Comment