Sunday, May 14, 2023

Crystallized and Fluid intelligence, the difference?

Crystallized and Fluid intelligence, the difference?






Did you know that apparently you have two categories of intelligence? I just remembered that I first encountered about intelligence being fluid in a book I was reading years ago. I was racking my mind but bummer, I really forgot the title of the book.


Anyway, I was processing the messages in my e-mail and saw a Quora notification where someone asked how to spot an intelligent person. He/She stated that fluid intelligence can.


Let's define the two: a crystallized intelligence is the knowledge you acquire brought about by your past learnings and experiences over the years. A fluid intelligence on the other hand is solving problems in a new light/angle or seen in a never-before-seen perspective. From name itself, it is termed fluid, thus showing flexibility and novelty.



No comments:

Post a Comment