Thursday, November 10, 2022

Sleeping at last (before 1 AM the next day)

Sleeping at last (before 1 AM the next day)



If you have been reading my previous posts, I have said that in the previous month I was having difficulties sleeping. I was wondering if it was because of the sedentary lifestyle (because I wasn't tired enough physically)


These past 3 days, I managed to get to sleep at least before 1 am and woke up in the early to mid morning (Double YAY for me!). It seems to me that the reason for my supposed inability to sleep was because I might be internalizing my current problems. It is like the time when I was waiting for the results of the licensure board exam. I wasn't able to sleep at night and slept at day which persisted until the results were out.


What worked for me is to have a set of manageable goals for the day. I decided to take it one step at a time as I might be overwhelmed. So far, I have been streaking almost all of my list and it felt like I've accomplished something.


Oh, I also take a warm bath before going to sleep. Every night, I mentally aim to at least be prepared to sleep by 9 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment