Saturday, November 5, 2022

Homemade recipe: Sauce-Based Stir fry Tofu

Homemade recipe: Sauce-Based Stir fry Tofu


I was planning in making Tofu Sisig for our dinner last night. However, I found out that we don't have any available green chili pepper nor the small red chili pepper in the refrigerator to spice it up. I'm adamant in preparing it just the mayonnaise which I was lazy to make by the way and without the chili, I imagine the resulting dish would still be edible but unpalatable.


And so I thought, why not make a sauce based tofu? This is an experiment I took based on the available ingredients in the fridge and it turned out good! Here is the homemade recipe that I made:


Sauce-Based Stir fry Tofu by Sanegeal Farmhear (Good for 3 people)


Ingredients:

  • 4 blocks of tofu, cut into cubes (Better to fry this in the gas range! I thought this would be easy peasy task in a non stick pan - apparently it took me almost 1.5 hours!)
  • cooking oil for frying
  • 1 medium sized red bell pepper, minced
  • 1 medium sized red onion, minced
  • dash of Magic Sarap seasoning
  • 2 tablespoon of water
Sauce:
  • 1 tablespoon of gochujang
  • 1 tablespoon of Mama Sita's oyster sauce
  • 1 tablespoon of sugar, washed
  • 1/2 teaspoon of sesame oil
  • pinch of ground pepper

Instructions:
  1. Fry the cubed tofu until golden brown in a heated wok/pan with cooking oil. Set aside any remaining oil.
  2. Add the onion and the  bell pepper. Stir fry along with the tofu for around 20-30 seconds.
  3. Combine the gochujang, oyster sauce, sugar, sesame oil and pepper into a small bowl. Mix well and then add into the stir fry.
  4. Put the water into the small bowl and until the remaining sauce is gone. Add into the stirfry.
  5. Mix until all the tofu is well coated with the sauce. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment