Thursday, October 27, 2022

Making Peanut Butter for the First Time!

Making Peanut Butter for the First Time!


Today, my mother went to Quiapo to have her eyeglasses frame fixed as she may have accidentally laid down on her glasses. I remembered that I had seen peanuts there before so I asked her if she could buy a kilogram of peanuts. Upon reaching home, she was able to buy it and that it was around 120 pesos per kilogram.


I was exhilarated so I made a sample peanut butter. Basically, you'll need a food processor/blender, nuts, oil, sugar and salt. Here's what I did:


Using an induction pan, I pan-roasted a handful or two of dried peanuts until the nuts turned light golden brown. I used the lowest setting of 200C and cook the nuts evenly. Afterwards, I let the nuts cool a little bit and then but half of it in the blender. Put a bit of salt, 7 teaspoons of sugar and canola oil. Blend until smooth. If the texture is like rough, you can add more oil to make it smooth and runny. I tasted it and I was looking for something. I added butter(Buttermilk) and it was alright.


The result turned out as like a light peanut butter and I think it could be improved by roasting the nuts a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment