Thursday, October 20, 2022

How to Make it Through Another Day: lonely, unloved, useless and purposeless

How to Make it Through Another Day: lonely, unloved, useless and purposeless


Whenever I get lonely, unloved, useless and purposeless, my younger self would then cried it out silently. There were a certain time that I slept for countless of hours every day and thought to myself that maybe it would be best if I would fall into a deep slumber and never wake up. I think it when on for at least 2 weeks or more. This was about more than 6 years ago. This was the time where mental health was not placed importance. In our culture, we are expected to hold it in. And I know what you're thinking now - why not ask for help?


Because I didn't want to burden anyone. And I didn't have a trusted someone that I'm comfortable with to bare myself. I'm willing to listen to everyone, but I've got no one who could listen.


How did I get through this?


Books and Music.


I forced myself to finish a 10 percentage of the book I'm currently reading that should be done every day. It was routinary task but I think it worked. I danced to my hearts content even while crying. I did warm up exercises.


Now, I still go through this phase. But today, the difference is a shift of mindset. I've learned to acknowledge what I'm feeling. Now, I think and say to myself to go through these feelings. Course through these but never wallow so you can let it go. Things will get better. Well, it may seem true that you aren't the best out there. Not the most beautiful, not the most intelligent, not the most famous nor the most rich person. You feel that you are taken for granted. However, maybe there's something that only you can provide. There is something that only you can give.


Lower your expectations on how people will treat you. They aren't responsible for what you're feeling. Maybe they're like that because they also have the same silent battles like you have. Likewise, it is not your responsibility to carry the world. Choose to set boundaries. So that your flame will continue to light. Light the world in your own little way. In this cruel and narcissistic world today, be someone who uplifts and not who downcast people. Be kind and empathetic always. Be genuine and true. People can see and feel the difference.


Be brave. You got this. At the end of the day, this is your journey. Make it count.


No comments:

Post a Comment