Tuesday, October 18, 2022

A Lesson on Mayonnaise Making and Kaisa Villa Hand Blender Review

A Lesson on Mayonnaise Making and Kaisa Hand Blender Review



My mother had made a lumpiang gulay/togue (vegetable/bean sprouts) from our past day leftovers. She also cooked some cheese stick lumpia. I thought these would be good paired with a mayo dip. Though it is already evening, I decided to make a mayonnaise with egg yolk this time with the Kaisa Villa Hand Blender that I've bought recently. I'll now be able to test if I could make a mayonnaise to my preferred consistency. The manual made mayonnaise that I've was a thinner than your usual mayonnaise but not that runny.


Anyway, back to the mayonnaise making. I was doing the usual pasteurization process (double broiling) with using only the egg yolks of the eggs, salt, lemon, a small amount of water and then proceeded to adding the big amount of oil outright which I was able to learn from another YouTube.


I was using the Kaisa Villa Hand Blender but the appliance stop when the motor part turned hot. I was scared when it suddenly stop working because I was thinking maybe the device was faulty but then I remembered about the hair blower. It would automatically not function if it gets too hot. And so I've waited for a while for the unit to cool down and it worked!


It was almost an hour of blending and I've already added a huge amount of oil so I came to suspect that maybe there's something wrong. That is, upon close inspection of the mixture, I've observed the miniscule bits of egg suspended in oil. It might mean that I've overcooked the yolk. The oil didn't blend well with the mixture. And so the next thing that I did was to test out the remaining of the egg which was the egg whites and if it will turn to mayonnaise this time. I didn't use the double broiler technique this time.


I've put the egg whites into another container with the same ingredients to be added and mixed with the hand blender. Lo and behold! After just a minute or less, the consistency was that of a mayonnaise. I slowly incorporated the failed mixture. And there I have my result. Mayonnaise, with the same consistency like of the all purpose cream! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment