Sunday, October 10, 2021

On Shampoo bars: MediHerbs Aloe Vera Shampoo Bar Review

On Shampoo bars: MediHerbs Aloe Vera Shampoo Bar Review


Shampoo bars are not new to us Filipinos. They were already introduced and became a trend in the Philippines way back 2019 or earlier as part of going green. Shampoo bars were considered as environmental friendly as they contain less chemicals. Though it may be one of the reasons why I'd became curious on trying to switch from the usual liquid shampoos, I thought that maybe it would cost me less. 




For quite some time, I've been browsing shampoo bars on the online shopping website Shopee but I didn't have the courage to check out as I find these expensive. However, I came across MediHerbs Soap Aloe Vera Shampoo Bar as I was searching for an oatmeal bath soap at Landmark. I decided to finally take the plunge and try it out because for a 150 grams at 74.75 php, I could say that this shampoo bar is very much affordable.


First impression: The shampoo bar soap comes in a violet package. Upon opening, you can smell the mild scent which is a plus for me.


The instruction in the package goes like this:  Wet hair thoroughly with warm water and use Mediherbs Aloe Vera Shampoo Bar. Lather and gently massage scalp working thru hair strands. Rinse off well. It is optional to use light hair conditioner to smoothen hair strands however, avoid the scalp area. Safe for daily use.


In my first time usage, the shampoo bar smells nice but is not overpowering. When I rinsed my hair, I was surprised that my hair has this waxy but squeaky clean feel. It is like when you are washing the pan and you don't feel the grease on it. When I combed my hair, it was a bit difficult even when the hair has dried off. Maybe I should really apply on some light conditioner later.


I don't know if it is just me but I noticed that my hair became less frizzier though it is still frizzy. I've been using it for a few days now and it sometimes make my hair itch and it flakes. I will still use this as it may still be a transition period for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment