Friday, October 29, 2021

Review: PureIt Classic 9L Water Purifier

Review: PureIt Classic 9L Water Purifier


My mother and I had to decide to buy a water purifier as my siblings were about to transfer to the apartment. They are the ones who consumes a huge portion/quantity of  water (With them, two 5 gallons of water is only good for 1 day). Relying on water refilling stations would mean that it would cost us a ton as a 5 gallon water container in our area costs around 35 pesos each. My mother actually wants a UV type of water purifier. However, due to certain restrictions when you are renting out an apartment instead of your own, I was able to convince her (or maybe not - maybe it was her sister who was able to do it?) to let us try the PureIt Classic 9L water purifier instead. This type of water purifier is non-electrical and basically it works by gravity. It is made by Unilever and the water we put into it flows into 4 step purification process. We bought a unit at the nearest Abenson last September 5 for around 4500 if I'm not mistaken. I was setting my eye on the PureIt Excella 23L but when I confirmed with the salesman, the PureIt Classic is their latest model and PureIt Excella is already phased out. Fret not which I initial did, as Abensons also carry the PureIt refill kit if ever you have to replace the filter. Filter kits for Excella are the same as for the Classic which I believe costs around 2000+.


Upon setting up and installing the purifier. I had to discard the 2 cycles of filtered water (with a total of 18L of water) first before the water can be consumed just to be sure. The process took me around an hour or two. The filtered water was okay taste wise but several days later one thing my brother noticed is it's chlorine-like taste when the water is taken directly from the faucet.


And so in order to avoid this, my mother would fill the 5 gallons water container that we have and would set it aside for at least 24 hours. I was amazed to discover that when I drain out the latak or the water that remains in the water container, it was yellowish in color. 


No comments:

Post a Comment