Saturday, October 16, 2021

Making my First Nilagang Baboy (Pork Stew)!

Making my First Nilagang Baboy (Pork Stew)!


Alright! How are you all doing today? I've been meaning to do this viand but laziness got me as I was tired coming from work and bought siomai instead for our dinner yesterday. I was able to make my first pork stew this night and it turned out okay according to my brother! Too bad, I forgot to buy ripe saba because my mom don't usually put saba in pork/beef stew but I heard it would enhance the flavor. And so here's how I did when making pork stew:


Ingredients:

  • 300 grams of pork adobo cut (I've cut it in smaller portions, put a pinch of rock salt and pepper, let it sit for an hour or more)
  • 3 medium size cloves of garlic, crushed
  • 1 medium red onion, chopped
  • 1 teaspoon of whole peppercorns
  • 1 tablespoon of oil
  • 3 pieces of potatoes, peeled and halved/quartered
  • Around 5 pieces of Napa cabbage 
  • Around 5 pieces of cabbage (In case you're wondering why it's pieces and not one cabbage halved for example, it's because I was using the outside portion of the vegetable only and would use them for later - para tipid!)
  • 2 liters of water
  • 2 pork cubes
  • A pinch of salt
  • Freshly ground pepper


Instructions:

  1. Put the oil into the pot under medium heat. Pan fry the meat for around 1-2 minutes until light brown.
  2. Sauté the garlic, onion and whole peppercorns.
  3. Add water and let it boil under low heat. Upon boiling, turn it into medium to high heat and skim the foam in the soup.
  4. Drop the pork cubes and the potatoes into the pot. Add a pinch of rock salt. Let it simmer until the potatoes are soft. 
  5. When the potatoes are cooked, put your napa cabbage and cabbage into the pot in low heat setting and let it cook for awhile. Put on some freshly ground pepper and adjust according to your preference.







No comments:

Post a Comment