Sunday, October 17, 2021

Making Pork Steak!

Making Pork Steak!


My mother went to the province to have her long awaited vacation that's why I now cook for me and my siblings. The first recipe that I decided in making is the pork steak. This recipe was inspired by my co-workers. They said that pork steak is easy to make and their baon seemed delicious. Here's how I did it:


Ingredients:

  • 3 pieces of pork chop, halved
  • 9 caps of soy sauce ( I use the cap in the PET bottle of the soy sauce)
  • 6 pieces of kalamansi, juiced
  • Pinch of rock salt
  • Ground black pepper
  • 1 medium red onion, cut into rings
  • 1 big size white onion, cut into rings
  • 1 tablespoon of oil

Instructions

  1. Marinade the pork chop in soy sauce, kalamansi juice, rock salt and freshly ground black pepper. Let it sit for at least 30 minutes.
  2. Heat the pan/wok and put the oil. 
  3. Pan fry first the meat without the marinade. If the meat has already turned into light brown, add the onions and fry it for a few seconds to a minute or two.
  4. Add the marinade into the pan and let it simmer until cooked.


The finished product was a success as it turned out not too salty and sour. I was wondering why my pork steak has no sauce. My co-worker said that I should have put water in it after the marinade. She also fries the onions first in the oil and she'll put them later after the meat is cooked.


Anyway, it was a learning experience. So there!

No comments:

Post a Comment