Sunday, October 31, 2021

Applying for my first ever credit card!

Applying for my first ever credit card!

 


So okay. I'm sharing the news that I'm applying for my first ever credit card! 

 

Yes. I know I'm a late bloomer when it comes to this kind of thing being a 30+ lass that I am. In my defense, I don't ever see the need to own one previously as I don't usually make purchases with big amounts. In this past two years being in a pandemic state that we are still in and hopefully we'll get out soon, we were somehow forced to do our groceries, dry and wet goods included, in the supermarket. Way back into the lockdown, one trip to the grocery store would amount to 10,000+ in expenses. We used my sister's credit card so that she could reap the rewards for swiping that amount. As for me, though I paid what I owe to my sister in cash, I got to delay the payment a little later. And so it is a win-win for me and my sister.

 

Anyway, you may ask why would I need it now? The sole purpose of why I am applying for one is that I am starting to establish a credit history. As you can see, first time credit card applicants might have a hard time trying their application approved if they don't meet the requirements (which are almost higher than those who have already have approved credit cards regardless of the bank) of the banks that they are submitting their credit card application. I'm trying my luck and so I'm hoping that it gets approved!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment