Saturday, April 3, 2021

On Radio Stations and Podcasts

On Radio Stations and Podcasts


Whenever we took a vacation here in Manila during my high school years, one hobby that I did back then was to listen to radio during the night. I don't know if it was something that typical teenagers do but I enjoyed listening to it. I remember that I was using the now phased out mp3 mini players that were a huge hit at that time. The songs that were played were a plus point for me especially if I liked them. But what I really looked forward to was the conversations that were relatable to an extent. Topic and issues that were asked by the callers were tackled by the radio jocks. Those countless topics every night gave me ideas and added wisdom as I learned how to think from another person's perspective.

This photo is credited to this sitehttps://www.oocities.org/epj19/products.html

Just so you know what mp3 players looked back in the 2000s.



Nostalgic from the memory, I began again to listen to radio podcasts. Instead of the usual radio station, I took it up to the next level and got my fix from Spotify. Spotify is an online streaming website or application (and it depends on what you use - either laptop or a mobile gadget) in which it is where you can stream your favorite type of music be it a pop, rock or an RNB song. You can also find nature or instrumental songs if it's what you like. It also offers educational podcasts which was perfect as you can play it whenever you want to.


And so I've been recently listening to podcasts by Paano Ba Ito by Bianca Gonzales. One thing that I admire about her is that whenever she talked, she spoke with eloquence and wisdom. I was also tuning in to Megan and Mikael's YouTube channel and was ecstatic to know that they also had a podcast in Spotify.

No comments:

Post a Comment