Tuesday, April 6, 2021

On the 15k COVID 19 new cases surge in the Philippines

On the 15k COVID 19 new cases surge in the Philippines


Hearing the all time high surge in cases (15k) yesterday is depressing. What we currently need to battle this pandemic are mass testing in order to determine who is currently infected, an efficient contact tracing system in order to early detect who might have been infected so we can isolate them, and the most important thing that we can do is to cooperate by stay at home. I believe that extending the lockdown is necessary because some people are too stubborn and still go out even they don't really need to go out. They try to test the law by breaking them which is super annoying and frustrating. Sorry to say this but some Filipinos are too undisciplined and lacked character to do the right thing even when no one is watching. I get it that we have to go out to work in order to survive because let's face it: we are on our own today. The government has incompetent appointments and instead of acknowledging their mistakes, they try to give illogical explanations just to justify their actions.


I badly want to shed my mask. It pains me that we haven't learned our lesson yet from last year and this time around it's gotten even worst. Hospitals are full not because of the deficiency in bed capacity but it was because of the lack in manpower. Nobody now wants to work in health care anymore. Why you ask? Being a healthcare worker and working in a hospital magnifies all the ugly things. Patients are twice or thrice more demanding. If it doesn't go with the way they want them to be, they file complaints and even posts them on social media instead of addressing them to the concerned party. It makes me question why I became one in the first place. I always wanted to help others, but I refuse to be a slave to the notion that just because I took an oath, I have to do it while sacrificing my safety. This pandemic has taken its toll on our mental health. Healthcare workers are continue to be demoralized with lower compensation but high patient load which could increased their risk to be infected and risk to bring it at home.


Please follow the standard health protocols. Don't be complacent. I observed way back before the lockdown that in that jeepneys that I took, there's at least 2 or 3 persons inside who doesn't have a face shield. Almost nobody does hand hygiene in the public transport. Now that there's a surge in cases, funny how there's a 100% compliance. People, did you know that prevention is better than cure?

No comments:

Post a Comment