Friday, January 1, 2021

Eye Republic Optical Clinic

 Eye Republic Optical Clinic




I decided to get new glasses again because anytime soon, the old glasses that I currently have might break. Having a myopic grade of 675, I'm nearly blind without glasses. I even contemplated buying contact lenses for the meantime because I want to decrease my exposure to people due to the possibility that there might be someone where I'm at who is positive for coronavirus and in his infectious phase. Even though we are still in the current situation that we are in (COVID-19 pandemic), sadly a lot of people still go to Quiapo or Divisoria to shop because of the holiday season. I wanted something that is more convenient to use so I prepped myself so that I could have new glasses. The last time I went to Quiapo, I thought that I was in the right street but I became lazy to find the Eye Republic so tried out another optical shop. Unfortunately, the eyeglass frame broke after a week. I wasn't able to go back there again due to the announced lockdown.


Anyway, Eye Republic offers free eye consultation if you're going to purchase your eyeglasses with them. I've tried it myself and it was alright. During our annual physical examination. I was referred to an opthalmologist because they thought I might have a lazy eye. The opthalmologist told me that my glasses have the same grade alright but the astigmatism wasn't put into consideration. That it is why I think it's better that you first do a consultation with your trusted opthalmologist to do your eye consultation to be sure. 


For my second purchase with them, I handed out my prescription-grade. According to the lady attendant who catered to me upon my arrival at the shop, there are different types of ultra-thin lenses. Their ultra-thin costs around a minimum of 1800 PHP and at their thinnest, you have to shell out 3800 PHP. I opt for 1800 and went for a 1000 pesos eyeglasses frame which was the same frame from my first purchase with them but of a different color. She gave me a discount (Yay!) and I paid for my new glasses for only 2500 pesos. I inquired if the glasses is also multicoated and she said that it is. I was given an acknowledge/claim slip and was asked to come back for at least 1.5-2 hours. I came back after an hour and it's finished!


What's nice about my last visit is that they educate you about how to care for your eyeglasses and a bonus giveaway is that they've provided a free lens cleaner.


And so if you're looking for an optical shop in Quiapo, I would recommend that you try going to  Eye Republic Optical Clinic. As I may have mentioned in my last post, optical shops in Quiapo charged the cheapest for your eyeglasses. Aside from that, they have a huge selection of eyeglasses frames for a lesser price compared to those in the malls.



No comments:

Post a Comment