Friday, September 15, 2023

OPM Wonders!

OPM Wonders!


You may wonder why I often post about foreign music. From that you could (or could not) deduce that I prefer them more than the music in my own country but it doesn't mean that I don't appreciate Filipino music. I do. In fact, I think that when it comes to ballads, Filipinos are way more advantageous in music storytelling because let's be real - any Filipino kid grew up listening to a heart wrenching ballad song or pop music where power belting usually gets a round of applause. It just that a decade ago I feel like we need to revamp or encourage creative music composers so that unique melodies/songs can be heard. Luckily, Filipino pop music had opened itself to various artists (not only the existing popular ones) and music genres thanks to globalization and the power of social media that it became a lot more interesting. I'm elated hearing more instruments being used in the Filipino mainstream music scene.


May your ears be blessed with these original Pinoy music songs:


Lola Amour - Raining in Manila

Zack Tabudlo - Gusto


TJ Monterde - Dating Tayo

Sud - Sila


Up Dharma Down - Tadhana




No comments:

Post a Comment