Friday, March 31, 2023

What is happening to Maya? No credit from Maya Bank to Maya Wallet

Resolved: What is happening to Maya? No credit of funds from Maya Bank to Maya Wallet experience


I was horrified when the amount which should be the payment for our electricity bill didn't transferred in real time from my Maya Bank to my Maya Wallet using the Maya app. Previously, I didn't have any concerns with Maya. And because transactions were almost flawless considering some minor issues, I began to favor this app than Gcash since for almost a year they are proving to be quite reliable. And so I use it mainly for my purchases and bills payment. But unfortunately to my horror, the problem came on the day I was suppose to pay our electricity bill!


I immediately called their customer service hotline *788 and reported the issue. Some information were asked for verification and then she confirmed that there were no ongoing maintenance from both Maya bank and Maya wallet but then she'll be filing a report. She told me that the funds will be credited to my wallet within 3 days. After that if my money is still not credited, I could call again the customer service hotline or from time to time check my Maya wallet if the amount has been credited already. She didn't gave out the exact reason why it happened, but I don't think that something would be done if I'm going to be irate. I just assumed that this one I've experienced is a glitch of the app.


Despite being in the healthcare industry, I had the opportunity to work briefly under an IT department so I understood that no programs or applications are perfect. That's why even online platforms have downtimes for maintenance. Programs/Applications also needs constant development, consistent upgrades, maintenance and quality improvement. And so the rather here and there glitches are to be expected.


So we'll see later when will my money be back. One lesson I managed to dodge was not to put all of the eggs in one basket. It was a good thing that I've keep a sufficient amount in my other banks so I'll need not to worry. 

See the money transfer of 5280.09 pesos that I made at 12:13 pm? I've checked inside the details and it says successful transfer.


However, base on the transaction history in my Maya wallet, there was no credit of the amount. But I did try again to transfer 1 peso and another amount so that I could pay my bills and those went through the wallet without a hassle. I also got a text notification of these amount being credited except for the money which was still not credited. So where's my money?


Update:

Day 1 (Apr 1 10:59 pm) - Nope.

Day 2 (Apr 2 9:29 pm) - None.

Day 3 (called again the customer hotline in the afternoon) - apparently, within 3 days is business working days. I was advised that this would be the first day.

Day 4 (9:48 pm) - Checked my Maya wallet and there it was. Credit readjustment 7 hours ago, so around 2 pm. Hurray!


No comments:

Post a Comment