Saturday, February 11, 2023

Beard in Waiting by Penny Reid (Notes)

Beard in Waiting by Penny Reid (Notes)



“You need to stand up for yourself early on in the relationship, otherwise men will just walk all over you and steal your feminine power.”


I should have realized his abhorrence for good food was the first sign that his soul was black as midnight. The second sign of his dark heart was his antipathy about my satisfaction in the bedroom. He didn’t care whether or not I orgasmed during sex, he never had. As far as I was concerned, that fact alone officially made him evil incarnate. And the third sign was how he treated our children.


I wasn’t usually the curious sort, more interested in the doing of things rather than the pondering of things. If a task required more than a half-hour of thought, I was of the mind that it should be delegated. Let an expert handle the details and just give me the summary.

No comments:

Post a Comment