Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Walk With Wings by Tene Edwards (Notes)

Walk With Wings by Tene Edwards (Notes)


I often leave myself empty to keep others full.

You cannot help whom you fall for, but be careful who you choose to love.

Stop complaining about a situation that you have chosen to settle in.

Don’t be fooled by someone’s promises when their actions often contradict their words. Playing blind to the truth is self-abuse. You know your worth - I know you do. So trust the signs - they speak the truth.

Caking your face with makeup will not convince him to commit. If he has not found the value in you, he probably never will.

Losing you has taught me that promises are made in the moment, but become invalid when they end.

Fathers should endeavor to prove that good men still exist by teaching their daughters how a woman should be treated through leading by example.

It takes strength to forgive without closure.

Your strength lies not in how you got the wound, but in how you nurse the wound.

She has a kind soul, but a cold heart.

Her father was her last hope for proving good men still exist. It was only when he let her down that she became skeptical of love.

You are enough, you always have been. Just not for him, but for the man meant for you.

I know you’re tired of this horrible weather, which seems to be never-ending, but eventually, the storms you have fought through will reveal their reasons for striking, and you will understand the purpose behind these bitter trials…the moment they turn into your most sweetest blessings.

I mourned, I fought, I cried and I cried, as I ached for hope in a losing battle. Our chapter ended, and I lost myself. Until I picked up some books and found some words. Grace. Resilience. Freedom. I learned.

If you are looking for a reason to smile, count every breath you take. I know you never chose to be here, but you were chosen to be here. You are a blessing to this world.

Happiness seemed unreachable. The lows became a weight too heavy to carry, and your impatience took a toll on you. You were tired of waiting for the next high, so you intoxicated yourself to achieve this. The satisfying release became an addiction, but the numbness was only temporary. We spend so much time chasing happiness that we fail to appreciate what we already have now. Take a look around you. You can breathe, can’t you? You are still loved, aren’t you? You are bound to find something valuable hiding in a skip of junk.

Practice the discipline of gratitude in both the good times and the bad.

Some days I feel like crying, some days I feel lonely and lost. Some days I feel ugly, and some days I feel everything at once. But the practice of gratitude has taught me how to glow through the dark.

Be grateful for the things you are able to do, and for the loved ones you are able to see.

Some past mistakes live on your skin as beautiful memory triggers for the moans you should have absorbed, but ignored. Like the sound of your mother’s voice every time you look at that permanent scar you could have avoided, if only you had listened.

Never allow anyone to determine how much of a beautiful woman you are by the features on your face, the shade of your skin, or the size of your body. You don’t need anyone’s approval to feel good about the way you look. You determine how much of a beautiful woman you are. Make your heart the most beautiful feature you carry, because outer beauty is only skin deep.

Find the beauty in imperfection, I answered. This scar is not a punishment, but an award for your strength and bravery. Don’t you dare allow it to torture you. I don’t want you to let it haunt you. Cherish the way it sits on your skin as a warrior mark, signifying survivor. Let this scar be a reminder of your victory.

If you are unable to find the blessings on the step that you are currently stuck on, be prepared to live a life of misery. Only when you walk with grace will you taste the sweetness of happiness.

Hate cannot access my heart, for it is securely protected with peace.

Stop criticizing yourself over the things you haven’t done, and start celebrating the things that you have achieved.

The journey of life meets sadness, as well as happiness; greet both seasons with grace.

I remember when I had my whole life planned out. But the path I envisioned for myself and my future completely dismantled. God took me off route and navigated me onto a more favorable track.

There is something different about her. She is rare, yet required. Not only fighting to free herself, but she is on a mission to free the world.

Learn how to love yourself, then teach others how it’s done. We rise not only by lifting others, but by speaking our truth.

Tired of rejection? So am I. Maybe one day our time will come. But as for now, we must keep giving the best we can. We must stay loyal to the faith in ourselves. Rejection will not discourage us, because the hunger to achieve outcraves the fear of failure. Rejection allowed me to appreciate the beauty of acceptance.

Not everyone will like you. Not everyone will support you. Nobody should be pressured into doing so, and nobody owes you a duty to do so. Learn how to rely on yourself for acceptance. Learn how to believe in yourself for success. Rather than focusing on those who don’t support you, why don’t you invest your time appreciating the ones who do?

If you don’t take your grind seriously, don’t expect anyone to take your brand seriously.

Life has taught me that standing up for my worth is the most fruitful way to get me what I want.

When you’re feeling like a failure, remember the grenades you have crushed, the setbacks you have overcome, and the battles you have won. This journey through life is rough, I know, but still with courage, you climb. This strength you have built will take you places. Be proud of the warrior you have become.

There will be those who will try to drag you down because of their own insecurities that they let consume them. No matter what, stay crafting.

I know times may be hard for you right now, but feed your mind some affirmations and let God deal with it.

It took blood, sweat, and tears to bring me this far up the mountain of self-love. Not a single soul is ever again able to defeat me; this back I have built is indestructible.

Life as a creative is a mountain trek. It takes determination and willpower, courage and discipline. You must hold the vision tightly and trust the process fiercely; despite the emails full of junk, or pockets full of dust. It is your responsibility to persist through the fog.

If you approach the mountain in fear, it will look bigger than it actually is.

You can train as hard as you like, but you will never know your strengths until you face the ring.

Today, I am losing hope, my inner critic is chanting at me. “You are not good enough.” “Everyone is laughing at you.” “Remember the insults.” Today, the disturbing condition of chronic self-doubt may be at an all-time high, but I ought to remember that even the greatest leaders stumble upon it. I must not allow it to beat me, since it is only just part of the process.

She is going to win, even if they don’t want her to. She may run into a setback, but will break through with a comeback, because hustlers never give up; they keep going.

I may not be perfect, but at least I give my best. I ask but one thing of you, and only one “Don’t give up on me, no matter what.” Just be down forever.

The grind is tough, but worth every sweat. I believe in the woman I am striving to become.

There are only so many times you can flip a coin before it lands on the other side.

“You’re so lucky; you always get what you want.” Am I? I don’t always get what I want. Just because I walk with a smile, you assume my life is always sparkly bright. As if I have never soaked in rain and stumbled over hurdles, time and time again. As if I have never crumbled in pain, and strained myself out the drain. As if I don’t have problems of my own; I do. My attitude is just different. I carry grace with me wherever I tread, wherever I hang and wherever I land. I have hustled for everything I have right now; luck is not something I believe in.

Your mind is your lead, inject it with positivity. Your feet are your foundation, walk with purpose. And your heart is your stamp, make it beautiful.

Nobody has the same heartprint as you.

How someone can be warm today, yet cold tomorrow. When deep talk turns into small talk and love bites fade into bitter lies. I know what it’s like to lose yourself to the drug of love. I know how it feels to be confused about love, to be confused about your feelings, to be confused about life. I know how it feels to be taken for granted, to be taken for a fool, to be taken advantage of. Nobody is exempt from heartbreak. You may have been the best thing that happened to them, but they were not the best thing that happened to you. You may have lost the man you loved, but now you are free to receive the man you deserve.

Every now and then, life will throw obstacles at you. Duck or dive if you want to, but you won’t be able to dodge them all the time. You will get hit, you will stumble, you will fall, and there is nothing you can do about it. You cannot control what life hits you with, but you can control how you deal with it. Self-pity will leave you stranded. Misery will leave you grounded. Sometimes you have to cut your losses, and keep moving on.

I have never doubted God’s plan, I wholeheartedly trust in His timing.

If you’re fighting against yourself because of a mistake that goes against your morals, let me tell you something… We have all done something we never thought we’d do. A slip-up doesn’t make you any less of a good woman.

Don’t allow your mistakes to leave you tied up. Untangle the knot and set yourself free from the past.

You’ve traveled through so much pain, you can’t help but see the clouds before the storm, the rain before it pours, the dark before dawn. Assuming the worst will be the death of you. Hope it ‘til you hear it. Force it ‘til you feel it. Crave it ‘til you taste it. And dream it ‘til you own it. That is how I survived. Awaken your soul.

If you find yourself trapped in a situationship, stop giving too much of yourself away. Let him prove to you he’s worth the risk.

sometimes the wrongs outweigh the rights.

Be brave enough to walk away and wait for someone to treat you right, before you end up giving your whole self to a heartless stranger.

Sometimes you have to crawl through a little loneliness in order to bump into someone who will accompany you toward finding your feet to dance again. And don’t be surprised if that somebody is you. Because being alone will never outburn the loneliness grieved in the wrong relationship.

You might miss out on a chance at love by being in your feelings for the wrong one.

There will come a time when you will love someone, who won’t love you back. There will also come a time when someone will love you, who you won’t love back. But there will come a time when you will love someone, who will love you back.

One day you will be someone’s favorite shell. Your face will be their favourite sight. And they will fall in love with the way you’re designed.

I will never settle for less than I deserve; I know my worth.

Her persona may be quiet, but her observation loud.

I deserve to be loved. I deserve to be happy. I deserve to be appreciated and treated with respect. I am tired of fighting my depression over you. I am tired of settling for what I don’t deserve. I am done with treading on broken glass. I give up on tolerating less than my worth. Now I’m dropping anyone who disturbs my peace. And I’m blocking anyone who makes me feel unwanted. I’m slashing my way out of toxic relationships, and asserting my dignity and pride. For I am saving all my love for someone who proves that they’re loyal and down to ride.

God would never take what is meant for you, away from you.

I knew I had to leave. I was tired of feeling empty and forcing sleep to escape the pain of feeling unloved and unworthy. I was giving too much of myself, and not receiving enough. I was depriving myself of happiness, and not smiling enough. I was floating along with feelings, but had to jump off with ride. Moving on for the better, ready for something better.

You will keep forgiving the one you love until the day you wake up and hate them. But in order to heal, you must learn how to forgive again. Not for them, but for yourself. Do it for yourself.

Be mindful of your reactions to the people who have wronged you. You cannot discharge bad energy and expect good in return. Anger is never an excuse to be bitter. There is never an excuse for sin. I challenge you not to grant anyone the power to destroy the beauty of your pure heart. I dare you not to wrong others, for the way they have wronged you. You are better than that. You are kinder than that. What good will two wrongs make?

Throw stones if you wish, but no amount of cruelty can destroy the kindness in me for I am a candlelight incapable of blowing out.

Torn between giving it another shot or letting go? Skeptical about whether you are making the right decision, or the wrong decision? Wondering if you should jump or remain put? Unsure as to whether you want to seize the opportunity, or leave the opportunity to slip away? You will find your answer after you have weighed up the pros and the cons.

If you feel like you’ve had enough, why don’t you set yourself free? Travel the world. Face your fears. Practice forgiveness. Make yourself happy. You never know when your time is up. Now is the time to live.

It is not because of your surroundings that you are trapped. It is not because of a mistake that you are stranded. It is not because of others that you are immobile. It is simply because of you. You can waste time blaming others for your distress, or you can accept responsibility for your actions. You can place the remote to your happiness in someone else’s hand, or you can take control and change the channel.

It takes strength to preserve a good soul in a world full of evil, but that competence will reward you in due time. Stay kind.

You think you know me, but you don’t. How do you supposedly know me when I don’t even fully know myself? I know my capabilities and I know my worth, but sometimes I surprise myself. I have done things that I am not proud of. And although I cannot right my wrongs, I can improve my future. I have achieved many things I never thought were possible. I am still learning to love myself. I am still learning new things about myself. And for as long as I have breath, my story remains under construction. I am a good woman, not an angel… of course, I sin too. But yet, still, with all of the setbacks, the comebacks, the rejections, and the achievements, I am proud of the woman I am becoming.

You strengthen your confidence through trial and error. Your mistakes will shape you into a stronger version of yourself.

Judge me if you want to, but I am who I am and your approval is worthless.

You have no authority to judge someone who sins differently than you. How others choose to live their life is nobody’s business.

There will come a time in your life when you will take the wrong turn, miss your stop, or be forced to take another route. You will have no idea where this new path may lead to. And that is the beauty of life. The aftermath of an error is unpredictable, your future life is undeterminable, you cannot prepare for the unforeseeable, but trusting the universe is feasible. Your comfort zone will only obstruct you; brave the challenge of change.

Don’t be afraid to rebrand yourself.

Refusing to settle for less, nothing or nobody could tame me.

Brave girl, you were made for the wild… don’t allow society to tame you on its leash.

I will not allow you to guilt-trip me into believing that forgiveness requires offering you another chance. I have accepted the fact that mistakes are entwined in the cycle of life. And I have cleansed my heart from all anger, bitterness, and hatred. I am forgiving you for my own peace of mind, and if that requires evicting you from my space, then so be it. It is not about you anymore. I am doing this for myself.

Maturity has taught me to accept that everyone makes mistakes, including myself. I, therefore, forgive anyone who has wronged me, even those who have never delivered an apology. I find it difficult to express myself and maybe you had no idea how much your actions were hurting me. I know that I am difficult to understand...most introverts are. Sometimes I want to be alone, sit in sadness, and cry on my own. And when I do, I wipe my tears before anyone sees me. For I have mastered the skill of forcing a smile when others come around in moments of unhappiness. I always choose to mask the pain rather than to risk the burden being passed on-to somebody else. I do not want anybody to feel guilty for hurting me, and I do not want anybody to feel guilty for not being there to comfort me. Because sadness lasts only a moment, and all moments pass. I am learning to open up more, for I have grown to understand that I cannot expect people to treat me the way I desire, if I do not teach them how to by communicating my feelings. I am understanding that not everybody will treat me the way I want to be treated, or love me the way I need. But I have learned how to value my worth, and will continue to value my worth, regardless.

I don’t need you to believe in me, I believe in me. I don’t need you to value me, I value me. I would never beg you for attention, I can feed that shit to myself. I never needed you, I wanted you. I can satisfy my own needs.

I crave a love that adds value to my life. I don’t want a relationship, I want a partnership. Someone to aid me up the mountain of life and guide me through the valleys of adversity. Someone who is able to breathe in sync and dance by my side through thick and thin. I want that grind-together type of love, with a best friend I can build an empire beside.

As of lately, it’s just been me and God. He knows all my secrets and all my hopes and dreams. He is who I turn to when I am feeling lonely, when I am afraid, and when I lose myself. So the next time you wonder why I share so little, I want you to understand that God is my safe place.

“Uncle, what do you find so savory about oyster and mussel?” “I don’t eat them for their taste, I eat them for their value,” I applied this wisdom to my daily actions, and it improved my life for the better.

Today, I affirm that I am worthy of inner peace. I did not come this far only to settle for mediocrity. No longer will I entertain toxic things. Today, I affirm that I am strong and powerful. I accept my imperfections and I do not need anyone to validate me. Today, I affirm that I will pick up my broken pieces and transform them into wings, because after everything I have been through, I deserve to be happy. And so, from this day forward, I will walk with wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment