Friday, August 30, 2019

Lost BPI Direct card: What to do? My DISAPPOINTING experience

Lost BPI Direct card: What to do? My DISAPPOINTING experience

I know that I might be messy at times but I rarely lost things. Imagine my anguish when I was suppose to withdraw some cash to buy some things and then when I checked my card holder pouch, it wasn't there. Sometimes I use that card for debit purposes so as to have a record on my purchases which can be helpful in tracking your expenses. I had a hunch that it wasn't in the bag I was usually using and how right I was when it wasn't so I came to the notion that the card fell along the way (or.....). The lesson I learned with that incident is not to bring your card or if really necessary, put it somewhere safe. My card holder pouch is new and I wasn't expecting that it was a bit loose. My mistake was to just put it in between the plastics. But one good thing about this is that I had a spare cash which can hopefully get me by until the next payday. The power of not putting all of your eggs in one basket!

If you encountered like this (either lost or stolen), I strongly suggest that you report it immediately by calling 89-100 and talk to a phone banker in order to block the card. You should also know your account number and he/she will do some verification to know if you are really the owner of the account. Card replacement is 150 pesos and is auto-debited which can be nice since I don't have extra money. You can also request where you can get your card. According to the phone banker that I talked to, you can get the new card within 5-7 banking days and present 2 valid identification cards.

Update: After 5 days, I went to the branch where I requested my card replacement to be claimed to inquire. Unfortunately, I was advised to follow up after a week. According to the person I talked to, card replacement request from their branch usually takes more that a month and the earliest that the card replacement can be made available is one month. She don't know if how long will it take time. I'll update you again on the next.

Update: After a week AGAIN, my new BPI Direct ATM card was now released but then AGAIN, I was unfortunately advised that I won't be able to use it as I will still be needing the PIN mailer or something I think that would enable me to change PIN and they will request it with BPI Direct which will take another 2 weeks. For me, this is such a hassle not be able to access my funds thru ATM. One wise thing I did before is that I was able to enroll it online. That way, I would be able to pay my bills or make transactions via online banking. I was made aware before that usually BPI Direct clients are not priority in BPI branches but this is very disappointing to say. I've been a holder for more than a decade as I've gotten this when I was still studying. But with this, I've been thinking of shifting to other banks.

Update on Sept 13, 2019: After 2 grueling weeks, I am expecting that I would be able to use my new BPI Direct card. BUT. HELL. NO. I was starting to get irritated not only because of this current problem but also because of BPI's customer service. With the two branches I've gone through regarding this issue, I wish they could improve more of their customer service. Be more approachable. Imagine yourself waiting for at least 30 minutes and then when you get your turn, you left disappointed. I've been inquiring for a couple of times now so I think it is safe to say that it is normal to feel irritated by this inconvenience.

Anyway, after I got my PIN Mailer, which for those of you who do not know yet is the temporary password for the NEW/REPLACED ATM, I tried to change PIN but transactions always turn into error. Transaction is cancelled and the receipt says DO NOT HONOR CAP. I was advised to try it out later as the system is sometimes down.

I tried again on another branch but the same error persisted. So I went to their customer service. Luckily, someone on that branch had an inkling on what might have happened. I was informed that they would still be requesting the BPI Direct to activate the card as the card is deactivated. They will inform me through text if I can change the PIN. And I don't know if when is that.


Update on Sept 20, 2019: I haven't received a text message from the other BPI branch that I went through but on a Monday, I have missed a call so I don't know if the call is from BPI. So in a Friday, I tried again to change PIN in the ATM but the error in the receipt now says PIN CHANGE REQUIRED. I inquired on that branch and I was again informed that they will still be waiting for the reply of BPI Direct and they don't know when will I be informed. I filled out again the form for I think 5 times now so I don't think the people are knowledgeable on my concern. It's like you're left stucked hanging in the air without a solution. Later that day, I was informed through text that my card is deactivated and would need a new card with a fee. I thought, what?! I haven't even use the card and then another fee again? 

I was thinking of emailing BPI Direct directly but I thought why not through a phone banker again? I called up their hotline 89-100 and relayed my concern to Ms. Shannon. Thank God she was able find out why it was deactivated. The cause was that the BPI branch where I requested my new card had released my card in their system without the PIN mailer. When a new card is released, you should change your PIN with the PIN mailer within 2 days or else it would be deactivated which had unfortunately happened to me. I rant out that the BPI branch released it to me without the PIN mailer and let me wait for 2 weeks for it. Ms. Shannon offered to waived the fee and from our conversation I would wait another two weeks then I could get the new card again in my preferred branch which is in another as I am disappointed in the first BPI branch. Hopefully, PIN change would be successful and I could use my ATM card again.

No comments:

Post a Comment