Monday, November 14, 2016

Fainting Spell

Have you ever experienced blacking or fainting spells?

Yesterday I was attending mass in a church when suddenly my vision was turning into red for about 2-5 seconds. To describe what I had experienced, it's like what you see when you are turning off the television. In my mind I tried to be calm though I was panicking then I just blacked out. I don't know what happen next and how much time I was out. When I regained consciousness there was a cool compress in my right forehead as I had a cut and I smell ammonia. I was given water to drink but my vision was still not clear and in my mind I was panicking because my vision was not normal. I experienced pins and needles in both hands and there was a brief time of dysmenorrhea. I tried to do deep breathing exercises and move my hands in order for the blood to circulate. After some time, my vision was a little bit blurry but I can now see.

I went today to the doctor and according to him that it was Postural Hypotension. I was standing at the back side since the beginning of the mass. It was a bit hot in my place but I didn't mind at that time because I was used to it. According to the doctor, with prolonged standing we have to move too from time to time.

It was my first time fainting. And to tell you the truth, it was alarming. Maybe it is the body's way of telling me that I should better take care of myself first before other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment