Thursday, November 30, 2023

VFS Global Biometrics for UKVI for Skilled Worker Visa Experience 2023 - What to do and what to expect

VFS Global Biometrics for UKVI for Skilled Worker Visa Experience 2023 - What to do and what to expect


I was looking and researching for the preparation of the documents needed for the UKVI application as it was not clear whether you'll just bring the original supporting documents despite the size (there is a reminder that you can photocopy it into A4 size if it is smaller or bigger. My confusion lies in the word CAN, so is it optional?)  I was a bit disappointed with the affiliated agency here because I feel that I was not well supported and left hanging with regards to the visa application.


Anyway, let me share my experience so you'll have an idea what I did. I think if the job you got was course through the local agency meaning you've applied for a job via local agency), they would be more hands on based on the YouTube videos of PHRNs to UKRNS and vlogs of nurses like Nurse Even. I was offered a job through a UK agency and they referred me to their partner agency here in the Philippines for the OEC Certificate, so I'm assuming that's why I felt like I'm on my own.

Anyway, at this point in time you might have finished paying (my employer paid for this) the visa and had received an email that it is already paid and you can log in again in your UKVI account to set up an appointment for the biometrics.

Upon logging in, you should download the two forms:

  • UK Application Form (the link after the third green tab)
  • Documents checklist (first green tab)


Then in clicking the third green tab, I set an appointment for the biometrics in Makati since I'm here in Metro Manila. I chose the afternoon session and the time which was the safest for me because the morning slots where early for me (8 am) for I have to consider the traffic and the whatnots (I don't want to be filled with anxiety on the day).


After you have paid the biometrics appointment for VFS, you will receive an email and appointment confirmation form which you have to print out too. Prepare the UK Application Form, Documents Checklist, Passport and supporting documents. I availed the Document Assistance Scanning and the Courier as per process of the local agency. You'll pay 1904 pesos. Courier is standard only.


Next, do not make the mistake that I did. Print all forms into A4 size outright. Have a clear photocopy/copy of all supporting documents in A4 size, you can have it in black, but it is preferable to have it coloured (the ones that I need to print are colored like the certificate of sponsorship, offer letter). Make 1 copy and put it in a folder.


It is also good that you need to be there at least 30 minutes. It was a good decision that prior to going there, I ate out in Alphaland Southgate Mall. The jeepney ride would entail a 5-10 minutes ride at 13 pesos. I made it there at least 30 minutes and I saw a poster that loitering there is prohibited. I was approached by a security and ask for my purpose. I said that I'm for UK Visa application and he said that they are still letting the people with a 1:30 pm appointment. So I went near the last of the line and found out that there are kioks available like Turks, Master Siomai, Potato Corner, a 7 eleven store and Cafe within the building. VFS is at the 2nd floor.


After slurping a pick up coffee latte, I noticed that there were 3 missed calls and a text from UK visa asking me where I am. I sent back a SMS message that I was already at the place at the back of the line. She messaged me to go upstairs already and called me again as it was already late (mind you it was only 11 mins and my actually appointment time is 19 minutes later). The tone of the caller was a bit off but hey I let it go as long as I finish it through.


Upon taking the escalator, there is an entrance and the lady guard ask me about the appointment and was reluctant to let me in as they are not letting anyone in for the mean time. I told her that somebody from ukvi had called me to go in already. I showed her the text I got and after a while, she checked my bags.

After the bag check area, you'll see a reception area with the countries indicated. Line up and when it was my turn, the receptionist gave me some forms to fill up and then pointed me to the first door on my left. You'll submit it to the personnel on the right side upon entering the entrance. When you avail the document scanning, she'll be the one to sort out






No comments:

Post a Comment