Monday, November 6, 2023

TB IOM Test

 

Set an appointment through email

They will email you back for the form that you will need to fill out and send it to them.

They will send you a confirmation email stating your appointment. You have to confirm the message.

You have to print out the two sheets (one copy each) attached in the email - the checklist and the pregnancy declaration form prior to going to the appointment. Do not forget to photocopy your valid passport. Also bring your original passport and another valid identification card.

IOM is located in the 15th floor of the Trafalgar building. From a commuter standpoint, it is nearest the Pacific Star building which is in the intersection between the Gil Puyat/Buendia and Makati Avenue. Drop off in the Pacific Star building and then walk along Makati Avenue which will be going to Ayala Triangle. Turn right when you have reached the second street. Go along until such time that you see a pedestrian. The Trafalgar building is just across a Starbucks coffee shop.

On the entrance of the building, the receptionist will ask for a valid ID and will ask you to log in and then will give you a visitors pass. You then go to the 15th floor and then the guard will ask for your name to which they will check your appointment among the list. They will give you a queue number and direct you to follow the people who are for picture taking. They will also give you a clip board based on the country you tend to apply to. By the way, there are people who apply for UK, Canada, Australia, US.

On the appointment date, I think that they do not follow the appointment time though the guards and employees asked what is your appointment time. They cater on a first come first serve basis. I heard people whose appointment is 10 am and 1 pm. Mind you, I went there 20 minutes prior my appointment and I'm scheduled at 7:45 am. So better get there early. 

After the picture taking, I was asked to go now to the UK reception area and wait for my queue number to be called. Upon call, submit the requirements along with the passport. They will ask and clarify for the details then will instruct you to directly make a payment in the cashier.

You should have an exact amount of 3600 pesos as stated in their notice. They will issue an official receipt. Make sure to check if the details are correct in the receipt. Then go back to the UK reception waiting area and wait for your queue number to be called by the doctor. The queue number will show in the TV screen and what room you'll go into.

When my queue number was called, I went into room 1 and the doctor introduced himself and asked some medical history questions and exposure. He also explained that after the X-ray if there will be no problem the officers will issue a certificate. If there is, he will call me again in the room. I may now proceed with the Xray which is near the cashier.

When my Queue number was called in the Xray room, I was asked to put on a gown and remove top clothes, jewelries and undergarment. The Xray was fast and then went back again in the UK reception waiting  area for the result.

I was really nervous when I hear the officer calling way past my Queue number. It got me thinking if my Chest X-ray has a problem. I sighed a huge relief and was able to calm down when I heard a number before me so I thought calling for results is not by order. It took more than 30 minutes. The officer will let you sign in the list and present the certificate where you have to check if it matches in the passport. If there is no problem, sign the certificate and give it back to the officer so that they'll let the doctor sign it and then put the seals and stamps. The officer will call you and make a final instruction and when you're done, you're good to go!

I went there at 7:30 am and was able to  finish at 9:55 am.



No comments:

Post a Comment