Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Mei Ying Fresh Lumpia and Fresh Sugarcane Juice

Mei Ying Fresh Lumpia near Lucky Chinatown

I can't help myself but to chomp it down right after I went home

I went to my alma mater for some requested documents that I needed and since I was in Manila, I decided to go to Divisoria. Along the way I bought some fruits (pears and 2 packs of kiat which are sweet). I also planned to go to the street where the vegetables are cheap after taking my lunch at 168 mall but my plan changed because I saw that the street was getting too crowded with people and I was a bit exhausted now. I was not through with my Binondo food trip cravings and saw the Mei Ying Fresh Lumpia and Fresh Sugarcane Juice near Lucky China town Mall which can be found adjacent to J.CO coffee shop. I wanted to try their Fresh Lumpia (being a fan of fresh lumpia myself) which is around 95 pesos, ordered one along with their version of kuchay dumplings which is around 160 pesos for ten pieces. I'd also like to try out their sugarcane juice and machang but I guess this babies will be tried for next time.


I ate the kuchay dumplings in the available stand outside and they serve it with sauce and chili oil. I prefer this kuchay dumplings over the much popular Dong Bei Dumplings. I took home the fresh lumpia as I was already full with the dumplings and I was rearing to get home as soon as possible.


Frankly speaking, I was elated to have tried this because this is the taste that I have been looking for. The fresh lumpia is packed with vegetables, contrary to the usual fresh lumpia which is made up of bamboo shoots. Globe's Lumpia House has this kind of taste before but I don't know what happened and it changed during the pandemic. I think that their quality isn't what it used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment