Thursday, December 21, 2023

My Pending Medical Exam at SM Lazo Medical Clinic experience 2023

My Pending Medical Exam at SM Lazo Medical Clinic experience 2023


If you are going to take your pre-employment medical examination at SM Lazo Medical Clinic, it is better not to divulge any medical histories which you think would not affect your work. Well, it is a different story if this is related to the heart, lungs, blood, kidney and other vital organs. Do not believe it when the referral form from your agency says that it is imperative to declare conditions to minimize expenses (in fact, it did the opposite for me!)


As a believer of being honest in everything that I say and do, I definitely made a costly mistake of declaring all the medical histories which I have and was really appalled when the examining physician required me to have 2 medical clearances. I was contesting why they would still need this as one is a hereditary skin condition and the other is diagnosed during childhood and does not affected me at all which never needed any medical intervention or consultations in my previous employments. The doctor said that the agency is the one who is strict (which I think is a load of B.S. as they are the ones who decides fit to work) Now I get it why there are a lot of negative feedbacks in the Google reviews and in the support forum groups.


I was willing to pay for the medical clearance from their consultants available but I was disappointed and angry that I had to go to their respective clinics on different locations. I went to the nearby clinic of the referred doctor and the consultant had many patients so the medical secretary advised for me to go have my appointment for another time. I decided to get the medical clearance near me. It didn't helped that there is an ongoing transport strike of the public jeepneys.


I was also nervous at this time as I previously worked in a clinic, I know that before doctors can give you a clearance, you should have a previous history (series of consultations) with them. They should have a basis for that. So I was anticipating that the doctor could give me a diagnostic/laboratory request if it is their prerogative that these were essential.


Fortunately, I saw a familiar name and it turned out that the consultant was one of the doctors that I've worked with during her training period. I don't really like revealing myself to anyone as I don't want to put pressure on people. She said that I looked familiar and then that's the time I did say when. Thank God I was able to get a medical clearance without a fuss.


Overall, it costed me a whooping 11,450 pesos just for the medical - 3750 pesos for the medical exam, 2500 total for the dental cleaning (1500 pesos) and pasta (1000 pesos). For the medical clearances, 1500 for the childhood medical condition and the derma was 3700 pesos. 


One tip that I could give you is to get your dental cleaning or any procedure done with your trusted dentist outside and ask for a dental certificate as this would cost you less.


If ever you need to really declare your medical condition, it is necessary to get a medical clearance from your attending doctor regardless if it is benign or a small matter or not so that you won't experience the same hassle that I did. Bring your IOM TB Certificate and a photocopy if you have one. I didn't bring mine but luckily I had a scanned copy in my e-mail so I forwarded it in the clinics email address instead.


If you had the go signal from your agency to do your pre-employment with this clinic, do it early. It took me 2 weeks before I was cleared and deemed fit to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment