Sunday, August 6, 2023

Have you tried this pandesal hack? How to reheat

Have you tried this pandesal hack?


A part of a typical Filipino breakfast is having the option (or not!) to eat bread. Pandesal is a common staple in a Filipino household that is usually served hot and paired up with a jam or meat. Some dos not and dip it in their coffee. When comparing it to the usual loaf bread that are found in supermarket which are more readily available, pandesal are preferred due to its bite size, moist and soft texture.  


So how do you store your leftover pandesal? Do you put it in the pantry at room temperature? Or perhaps put it inside the refrigerator? I've experience leaving it in a room temperature and it turned hard after some time. And so, I'll be giving you a tip which I found in a social media platform. I usually put it in the fridge specifically the freezer. Yes, it would also harden but I discovered that you can easily cut it up into two.


One day, I was starving so I tried to heat up some pandesal using the oven toaster. Given the limited space, I tried to stick the bread together for quantity that is why in the picture below, you can see charred parts in the bun. I was too impatient so thought that it was already lukewarm at least. The surface was indeed hot but the middle part was cold and I was not happy. Then it just came across my mind why not I try to put it in an air fryer? Experiment time!


Lo, and behold. It was a success! This is even better because I can put 6-7 pieces ot pandesal and they can be heated in just 1-2 minutes in a 200C without burning. If you want it crispier, just let it stay there for a little longer even if the appliance is already turned.






No comments:

Post a Comment