Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Third time's the Charm: COVID-19

Third time's the Charm: COVID-19


Two lines and then you know it's positive. Not mine but my brothers' who I just want to strangle if I could.



The third time's the charm for the COVID virus aye? And yes, after 2 years and couple of months of managing to avoid the COVID-19 virus while continuously doing hospital duty, the day has finally come. I was confirmed to be positive for COVID today which I tested for yesterday. How did I get it? I was exposed to a household member I happen to share a room with. And I think almost everyone can relate that no one is wearing a mask at home. That's at least if none of the members of the family are exhibiting symptoms. I've asked my brother who tested positive in a self-testing antigen kit how he may have  acquired it. He said he ate near a gas station which is al fresco. He claims that there are no crowds. Okaayyy.


This confirms my hypothesis that wearing a mask is crucial in curbing the widespread of the virus. Most of the people that I know of have this pattern that they ate in an establishment and then got COVID later on. In the hospital, we've had a several number of contact tracings but luckily we never had it up until now.


By the way, I've got the Astrazeneca as my primary COVID-19 vaccine series and had already finished 2 booster doses of Pfizer.


The first symptom that I experienced was there was something funny in my throat. It's like you are being tickled that you are tempted to cough it out. Then the next day, I've got a dry cough, colds, muscle/joint pains and a headache which is like 3-4 in pain scale. Though I am a healthcare worker, personally I refrain from taking medications as much as possible because I think that we should first give our body a chance to fight whatever it is. Nasal congestion for the first 2 days in which I hydrated with jugs of room temperature water and warm soups (clears the congestion and it made me feel better). Because the headache is becoming unbearable and continuous, I took Paracetamol and it helped. I didn't have fever.  After 3 days, the symptoms I think are improving. There is a phlegm that is like stuck in your throat.


Hope you are all fine. And keep safe. Wear your mask as this virus will still be able to mutate again as long as they have hosts to infect on.



No comments:

Post a Comment