Monday, July 18, 2016

Have You Found Your Circle of Competence Yet?

Have You Found Your Circle of Competence Yet?

I still don't know where I want to be and what I want to do with my life. To start with, I haven't envisioned myself as being a nurse. I thought I was just going with nursing as a undergraduate then proceed with medicine. And then I would either be a neurosurgeon or a doctor that specializes with brain research. But I guess, life has a way of giving you lemons. It made me realize that not everything will turn out the way you expected it.

There are kinds of people out there. From naive to down right manipulative, very talented ones and competitive. It's a jungle out there. When I started working, I realize a lot of things. I am usually peace-loving and usually nice to people but peace-loving won't let you last in the real world if you won't work smartly to the top. In short, you must be competitive whether we like it or not. Safeguard always your things from anyone never leaving it to chance. To put it into words I got trust issues and what has made it worst is that the people I have opened up my heart to are the same ones who broke it and opening up for me wasn't even easy to begin with.

I thought before that I was not out to be a nurse. I dreaded going into my clinicals and praying that my clinical rotations would be suspended. I suck at conversing with people. I don't have the likability factor with my peers.

But what the heck, I'm tried of sulking. I took the board and passed it on the first take. I have the support of my family. I manage to be better and that I don't have to over analyze things. I realize that I don't have to spend my time just to cater to people's bullshits. I realize that I have my own needs and these needs must  come first and ALWAYS first because no one will care anyways.

I may not have the greatest nursing skills now nor the greatest interpersonal skills, but just so you wait WORLD and see. I'll make it happen.

How am I sure I could?

Because "TODAY MY LIFE BEGINS". I'm quoting this from Grey's Anatomy Season 5.

So far, these are the assets I've discovered and learned that I haven't fully taken advantage of:

1. Reading is tedious to most people but I got it as a secondary nature. Sometimes I drag myself to read but I think I got the discipline than most people do.
2. I'm confident in my research abilities like those finding stuff in the cyberspace. I can discover things if I really want to.
3. I am creative. I create things in my head most people would later think of. And I would be amaze that I thought of it before they did.
4. I think I possess grit. I don't easily give up on something.
5. I am tall. Screw insecure bitches. I'll start to wear heels soon.
6. More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment