Monday, January 16, 2023

Dog is not Eating? My take on Nutri-tier Gel

Dog is not Eating? My take on Nutri-tier Gel





It was sometime November last year when our family dog hadn't eaten the whole straight 3 days. This was the time when he was diagnosed with ehrlichiosis sometime October. He was actually due for a follow up laboratory test (CBC) but then this incident happened. He was throwing up. If we could, we will bring him to a veterinary clinic as soon as possible especially when he was puking greenish stuff. According to the information that I got from the cyberspace and social media, it could be because of the bile or acid due to a prolonged empty stomach. But the thing is, when he's stressed, his tendency is to be anxious and grumpy that we don't know how to handle him. We tried putting a muzzle on him which is quite difficult to do given that he's a smart one (my mom's friend said that he may be a part border collie) and he can unmuzzle himself fast. He can even sometimes undo his leash. 


Imagine the worry that I felt as I don't know what to do with him. But then, when I was grilling aubergine for our lunch, I noticed that he was taking an interest, going near me and sniffing the food which I'm preparing. My brother suggested to give him some. I was adamant at first as it is grilled and it was packed with ingredients such as (garlic, onion, seasonings) which are essentially weren't good for dogs. However, my brother pointed out that that when our dog was was younger, he had sneakily gone up in the table and ate the grilled eggplants. And so, for the sake of trying to stimulate his appetite, I took the risk. He ate the food. And then the dog food. (Hurrah!)


I previously mentioned that he wasn't eating anything. If there was any silver lining to the problem, it was that he was drinking water. But I was still troubled for him as he is not eating. So for a temporary solution, I asked my sister to buy Nutri-tier gel, a high caloric supplement for dogs for boosting their appetite. It costed me 480 pesos at PetExpress. It is a high-calorie gel which is easily absorbable and has prebiotic. This supplement was also prescribed to him by his previous veterinarian when he was diagnosed with Parvovirus. If you can, please still consult your veterinarian.


Till now, there is still some left because I only give him occasionally just for an added boost especially because we know that he can be a picky eater at times.


No comments:

Post a Comment