Sunday, January 22, 2023

A Personal Touch on Grilled Cheese Sandwich (Sanegeal Farmhear version)

A Personal Touch on Grilled Cheese Sandwich (Sanegeal Farmhear version)



Happy Year of the Water Rabbit! How are you all? Wishing you are doing and feeling good. These past few days or weeks have been a struggle. I'm finding myself feeling under the weather. I hope the coming days will be better.


Anyway, because there are certain days that I'm feeling low, I'm lazy to cook a proper meal. However, I need to eat something.  And so with the available ingredients in the refrigerator, I made myself an easy quick fix meal or snack if you may call it for those feeling lazy to cook. I made myself a Grilled Cheese Sandwich. 


Previously, I made a post that I purchased a quick melt cheese (Che-vital). During the preparation  of food for the Christmas festivities, my mother commented that Che-vital was a bit bland than Eden, a more known brand. After I made this sandwich, I realized that this is a perfect cheese for a sandwich because it's not too salty.


Here is how I made my own Grilled Cheese Sandwich: For one serving of sandwich, you'll need 2 pieces of bread, 1 sliced cheese (quick melt) and if you're feeling grand, add butter/margarine. I used an induction pan or oven toaster. I prefer the induction pan but you have to watch out your sandwich while cooking because if you had left it for too long, it might come to this:

 


Assemble the cheese in the bread.  Sandwich it between the two pieces of bread. Leave some space on the edges of the bread so that when the cheese melts, it would not overflow in the pan and eating it later will let you avoid being messy. 


In a 200W-400W setting, put the sandwich in the pan and cook it for around a minute or two. Next, flip it using a spatula while flattening the sandwich. If the bread facing you is toasted enough to your preference, brush the butter in the bread. I discovered that using this technique will not soften the bread by the butter which may result into a soggy sandwich and that it will not take a lot of butter. Flip again and  repeat again the steps for the other side. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment