Friday, March 12, 2021

The Astrazeneca jab: Will you take it or not? My experience

The Astrazeneca jab: Will you take it or not? My experience


Healthcare workers were considered as one of the most vulnerable population given that they are highly at risk and more likely to be exposed to a COVID positive patient. And so we were given priority and with which I'm duly grateful. After contemplating for a while, I've decided to get the Astrazeneca vaccine from the current two available vaccines in the country. I'm more comfortable in getting this one and I have a better gut feel on this. The vaccination process in our hospital was organized and kudos to the vaccination team it was a breeze. I was already expecting some side effects. Let me tell you what I've experienced after vaccination:

0958H > Got the Astrazeneca vaccine

  • less than 15 minutes post vaccination - No complaints. I'm feeling fine.
  • probably 30 minutes post vaccination - Feeling of lightheadedness; I took my lunch and the symptom lessened
  • 2-3pm - Starting to feel muscle ache from the lower extremities but probably at around 1/10; 
  • 5:30 pm - During transportation on my way home; felt joint pains and muscle ache from the lower extremities more prominent now; Feeling of fatigue, slightly
  • 6 pm - Got home; Fully felt tired. I wanted to be done with bathing so I could already go to bed. Took a warm bath and felt chills. Felt cold after a bath. Don another layer of clothing and a blanket. I ate some fish soup.
  • 6:30pm - Took my temperature 37.1C; after some time took again at 37.7C
  • 7:30pm - Temperature spiked at 37.9C so I took a 500mg Paracetamol; Headache with a pain scale of 6/10 in which it feels like there is clawing in your eyes.
  • 8:00pm - Decided to go to bed; Already exhausted and fatigued. It's like the flu twice the strength. Hands and feet feels cold. Did not use the electric fan. But after some time it felt hot so I turned it on.
  • Woke up at 5am the next day - Feeling that you have sufficient sleep but your body is still fatigued.
  • 5:30am - Head feels cool but upon checking my temperature it was at 38.2C. Took another Paracetamol. Headache lessened to 2-3/10. Still with a bit of muscle aches on the lower extremities.
  • Was able to go to work again; Temperature was at 38.4C. Took another Paracetamol by lunch time. Checked temperature by 4 pm and it was at 37.4C
  • Checked temperature the next day and it was at 36.4C which was my usual temperature. Yay! But felt soreness on the injection site.

No comments:

Post a Comment