Friday, August 11, 2017

No internet connection: How very LONG it took PLDT Home DSL to restore my connection

No internet connection: How very LONG it took PLDT Home DSL to restore my connection

There is no internet connection. Ugh.

This is to document how I'm very much disappointed with the Internet Service Provider I'm currently subscribed to which is PLDT Home DSL. It's the second time I've been inconvenienced with because of the disruption of the internet connection and that I've experienced these internet connection issues after there was rain/moonsoon. The first one had no telephone dial tone and internet connection. We had to load our cellphone in order to contact them and took them 3 days to restore both. And now this time. Read below what I had to go through:


7/28/2017 09:30 pm

My sister verbalized that the connection was slow. I've tried to connect via phone but I wasn't able to browse. It says WiFi connected but I cannot even connect to the Google page.

7/29/2017 3:56 am

Got up a little early. I cannot connect to the internet. There is an exclamation point in the wifi icon using the laptop.

7/29/2017 5:59 am


I cannot connect in the internet.




7/29/2017 Past 7 am


I decided to call PLDT hotline 171 to report the case. I tried to try first their instructions hoping it might work however it didn't solved the problem and so I got to talked to Mr. Eric, a customer service representative and was able to get from him a reference number to report the problem. He said that currently there is a network issue and rest assured their engineers are doing their best to solve the problem. I asked if there was a estimated time which the internet could be fixed and he said that he cannot give a specific time but mostly within the day.

And it's 8:47 in the morning.



7/29/2017 4:28 pm

Checked the laptop, I cannot connect to the internet.



And it's 7:34 in the evening.



7/30/2017 5:01 am

No. The blinking is still there.




7/30/2017 past 3 pm

I decided to follow-up with PLDT hotline, voice prompt says that they are dispatching people for scheduled repair.



7/31/2017 9:04 pm

3 days and still no internet connection! How about doing something about that PLDT?



8/1/2017

Nope. Not a single connection.

8/3/2017

Still no internet connection. The internet is blinking.

8/3/2017 around 11-12 noon

I followed-up with PLDT Home DSL and talked to Ms. April. I voiced out my concern and she put me on hold temporarily in order to call the Technical Assistance Support. After some time, she told me that there is no one who was answering on the phone and this could be because it's almost lunch time. She offered me to call them back for me. Thanks Ms. April for going the extra mile! Then around 2-3 pm I got a call from PLDT Structural something and asked me about my internet connection. I told them that there is still no internet connection.

8/4/2017 09:50 am

Some unknown number called my cellphone once and then nothing. I wasn't able to answer it because I was at work. I thought it was the PLDT and tried to connect after, I arrived at home but there is still no connection.


8/5/2017 pm



No internet connection. Followed up with PLDT hotline 171 and was able to Ms. Gem, CSR, said after checking their system,  that they had indeed call me in my number. But I emphasized that they only called me ONCE.


8/6/2017 9:40 am

I've tried to connect to PLDT but to no avail as expected. The internet is still blinking. I followed up AGAIN and was able to talk to Mr. James, a CSR. He said that they are escalating it double time. I might have sounded a little irked while speaking to the CSR but I'm exercising maximum tolerance here. I've done numerous reports and follow-ups. Other people would have been doing an INCREDIBLE HULK at this point in time.


Hello 12:15 pm!



8/7/2017 around morning

When I grabbed my phone, there was a pop up notifying me about the latest news on my social media. I looked into the modem and surprisingly the modem is not blinking. I tried to connect and there it is FINALLY!

----------------
First and foremost, I'm VERY, VERY, VERY much disappointed on how long it took to restore my connection. I should be entitled to a rebate on the inconvenience I've experienced. Imagine that, no internet service connection for around 10-11 days which is almost half a month. I've been with PLDT Home DSL for at least a year. Though they are advertising a certain MBPS, they deliver 50 percent lower than that. Their marketing staff sometimes offer me to switch to an upgrade which is very annoying. I consistently decline just because I do not need it. Good thing I still don't because if now I get this kind of service, how much more if I chose to upgrade?

For those of you who want to have a reliable, stable connection especially those of you who work at home (Good thing I don't work at home), think twice before considering PLDT. Or if you do, better have a back-up plan.


1 comment: