Friday, June 10, 2016

King of Masked Singer

Is it just me, or I'm being sucked and left at awe with how brilliant Korean writers are? The concepts they had created makes me want to raise my hands up big time.

I don't know if I'm just biased since I tend to like Korean dramas and quite caught on the Korean wave bug since way back high school but not to the point of obsession. Maybe I am also generalizing early on but do you want me to give you an example? Try watching King of Masked Singer. It is where artists compete with a masked on and sing with it so that the judges and the audience can objectively rate the performance of two artists as we know that popularity and status can change our perception. I was dumbfounded how these artists can modulate their voice into something that isn't them. I guess these were voice projections they were known for.

One thing that I got from this show though I haven't understood one bit in any of the lyrics since they tend to be in Hangeul (Korean language) is that I can feel the emotion in the song.

This had inspired me to aim more at a higher level in terms of music. It set the bar higher for good. I love to sing and watching these clips brought out realizations what I still lacked. I need to improve my skills on how to deliver the song with emotion. Because singing is like story telling.

Sad to say but in the Philippines, people with creative musicality who deserve to have an album don't make the cut. Artists who are popular are given albums though they are not really singers. In the television, singing competitions became biased. As long as you can hit the high notes and came from an impoverished family background, the higher chances that you'll win.

I'm hoping that making of albums will be given to those who really deserved it and not just for profit.

But I guess, I was being idealistic here.

No comments:

Post a Comment