Sunday, April 10, 2022

Worst experience with Kuya J's restaurant SM Sucat branch

Worst experience with Kuya J's restaurant SM Sucat branch


It was really at the spur of the moment when I asked my mother that we go to Kuya J's restaurant to eat their special halo-halo as I know she loves it and she got giddy right away. We went there after she bought a lock since she will be taking a vacation soon.


We were seated and then were given a menu. I planned to have their halo-halo dessert only priced at 125 pesos but then later decided to have a sharing plate of their palabok for 239 pesos. It took a while before they took our order since they were quite busy clearing out plates and utensils. Finally, after I got the attention of a staff, we ordered and he asked if the halo halo was to be served now/immediately. I agreed. The staff said that our order will take 15-30 minutes and it was okay with me.


While waiting for our food, I was scrolling in the internet through my phone about the restaurant reviews (I dunno why, but I did anyway). I found that there were bad feedbacks for the SM Sucat branch. What I did not know that it was the universe saying that we would also share the same fate as them today.


Anyway, after 30 minutes, the palabok was the only one served. I was a bit confused because the waiter offered to have it now and there's no halo halo. I was giving them the benefit of the doubt and was thinking that maybe halo halo's were served a bit later since it was just 2 pm. Maybe they were producing it by batches? And so we ate the palabok first and waited for the halo halo. We finished the plate and I was browsing through my phone and reading stuff when my mom informed me that halo halos were served to other tables which came after us. I tried to get the attention of the other staffs but I don't know if they are just SO that busy that they weren't paying attention. Other tables were served and I was starting to get pissed off. But for the sake of being in the same service industry, I try to understand because it's not easy. I asked a staff who was near our table that we would like to follow up with the halo halo and requested for 2 glasses of water. After 10 minutes, none came. So I asked again the staff who took our order who by the way was near our table at the time that we would like to follow up with the halo halo and glasses of water since we don't have any in the table. After some time, we were too stunned to speak that we were given the bill! I checked inside if maybe our order was just palabok and lo and behold, the halo halo was also billed! I tried again to get the attention for quite a time and finally a waitress had come to our table. My mother began ranting to the server that we don't have any halo halo. (It's not her fault Mom!) The waitress got the bill and replied that it is because we asked for the bill which we did not! I try to contain myself as she didn't have to blurt it out without checking the issue. We didn't get any apologies either. We finally got our halo halo at 3 pm. And the water after asking for it again. 


Is it because we weren't ordering the menu platter like the other tables have that's why they aren't paying attention? We were not new customers at Kuya J's restaurant and definitely satisfied with the good service at SM BF branch but this is a whole new level. Service from the fast food chains were much more better than here.


We won't ever go in that branch again. Sorry not sorry.


No comments:

Post a Comment