Wednesday, April 6, 2022

A spontaneous trip to Quiapo featuring Globe's Lumpia House!

A spontaneous trip to Quiapo featuring Globe's Lumpia House!



Here's a story. Last Sunday, I had plans to just attend mass and go back home afterwards. But since my mom was saying that she was having dizzy spells consequently these past few days, I've decided to accompany her. She is scheduled to have her last booster shot for anti-rabies since she got bitten again by our own dog. She was trying to check if the dog has also eaten the antibiotic capsule in the liver and maybe the dog thought that she was going to take away the food so she got bitten. Again.


And so we went to the hospital in the afternoon. About 30 minutes of waiting outside the emergency room area and right after she'd finished her last shot, we've taken a UV express vehicle which was going to Quiapo. Aside with the intention to pick up her prescription glasses, we were supposed to go to Jolli Dada just beside the Quinta Market because I heard that it was a famous local eatery for their palabok and their halo halo and would like to try it out. We picked up her glasses first then we were on our way to Quinta market.


As we go along the way, we've purchased 1/4 kilogram of cooked peanuts for 50 pesos since my mother love to munch on these. We dropped by a native products stand located under the bridge where my mom purchased a 20 pesos stick which she says she can use to shoo away any animals that could harm our dog during their daily walks. We got inside the Quinta Market and asked where Jolli Dada was. We got there at 2 pm. Unfortunately, they were on a break and would resume at 3 pm. Aside from that, there were also a couple of people which was at least 10 persons which was a bit late for us because we will be also attending mass so we headed into Globe Lumpia's House instead which was near Raon. We were surprised that there was already a long queue and I've decided to be patient just to eat this again though I had my doubts. The last time I purchased the lumpia, I was disappointed because it was not really up to par with the taste that I used to have when it was still at 18 pesos. By the way, their lumpia costs around 30 pesos a piece now along with their Empanada which is also at 30 pesos. They are also selling brownies for 20 pesos and their special atchara at 80 pesos. The taste had improved but their lumpia wrapper is lousy. I hope they would be able to maintain the consistency because I've enjoyed their lumpia since I was still studying in college and it would be such a waste if their flavor had changed.



No comments:

Post a Comment