Saturday, February 6, 2021

Premortem

 Premortem


If you are in the business or management industry, I think you might have encountered this terminology already. I'm currently reading When by Daniel Pink and it piqued my curiosity. Postmortem, I am definitely aware of. Upon encountering the word "premortem", I was intrigued.


Premortem is a type of strategic management analysis where you think backward. You foresee that the outcome or goal has already failed. And then from there, you'll determine what might have contributed to its failure.


Premortem lets you oversee the factors that might have a say in the failure or success of a goal outcome and lets you develop ways how to negate or provide countermeasures in order to avoid failure. It enables you to have an upper hand so that it won't happen in real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment