Sunday, July 7, 2024

Looking for an alternative to Eden cheese for your Pasta in the UK?

Looking for an alternative to Eden cheese for your Pasta in the UK?



Having a Filipino palate means that you are used to the saltiness and umami of MSG or whichever condiment we may have that is usually salty and savory. One of the dilemma that I've encountered in the UK is finding an alternative to Eden cheese. There is a Filipino store which I could go to but I have to travel to the main town and I don't expect it to be available every single time whenever I wanted to. 

By the way, I already tried the ones which were available in the supermarket and it's interesting to know that their cheeses have strength like 3, 4, etc.

Frankly speaking, I am not contented with the flavor I'm consuming now when it comes to cheese (I haven't explored yet the local shops here for cheese) and I haven't found any Parmesan cheese too.

So what I did was a bit of a research through the handy dandy Google and some people recommended to try using the Parmigiano Reggiano. 

Ohhh.. hold on. I just went to search for the spelling of the parmigiano and it turns out that this is Parmesan!

I cooked all of my pasta noodles which was sitting there in the cupboard for a couple of months now. I forgot to buy a grater so I sliced the cheese into thinly strips. Good thing that the cheese is a bit sturdy which makes the cutting easier.


No comments:

Post a Comment