Friday, May 24, 2024

Getting old

Getting old


When I was younger ('cause of course I'm always feeling young 😆), I always liked to talk to and listen to the stories of the elderly and the grown ups. I do not know but I take pleasure in it because I think that they were very interesting.

When I try to reflect on what's going into my life and what had happened along the way, I felt that I was restricted by my own thinking and assumptions. I get it that I didn't have the resources to get a head start in life, but I believe I'm okay with what I have. Though it may be tempting to scream like a banshee and throw a tantrum why my parents are like this and having the "they should have -", I long accepted that it is the way it is and this won't solve my problem. If I don't have it, then I shall pave a way of making it happen. I will be the one making the opportunities ahead and it doesn't matter if others think I'm a bit late.

We are always bounded by societal norms. It is expected to be married at a certain age, have a family and children. What I think, I want to be in a situation where I can say and feel that I'm ready. I'll get there.

I'm assessing myself if I am what I am because of my past traumas.




No comments:

Post a Comment