Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Taking care of your eyeglasses

Taking care of your eyeglasses


If you ever have difficulties in seeing things clearly not unless you move closer and farther from it, chances are you might be myopic or hyperopic. To put it simply, you might be near-sighted or far-sighted. I've been myopic for a couple of decades which I've started wearing since the beginning of high school. I've tried using contact lenses and the sight experience is improved drastically. However, contact lenses should be use with caution and is not recommended for the lazy person.


Eyeglasses provide comfort in wearing as it doesn't dries the eye as contact lenses do. You can put it back on and off which is also a bit of disadvantage here because when you have to put it on, you have to have a go-to receptacle. What are some tips from my experience that I learned in taking care of your eyeglasses?


  1. Use only the cleaner specified for eyeglasses. The lady assistant in an optical shop once tipped us off that in caring for our eyeglasses, we shouldn't use alcohol or soap. I don't use cleaner solutions before as I perceived them to be expensive for me but now I know better. Eyeglasses lens are way more expensive.
  2. Do buy an eye lens cleaner. It may be a bit costly for some but it pays a lot to buy as it cleans dirt and dust on your eye glasses lens fast. I bought mine at Quiapo for 100 pesos for a 60 mL solution.
  3. Buy a microfiber cleaning cloth. This is one thing that is the most important when you clean your eyeglasses as this is the type of cloth that you should use only for your eyeglasses to prevent scratches on the lens. Usually, they came for free when you buy the eye lens cleaner.
  4. Put your eyeglasses in your go-to receptacle or place that you usually place your eyeglasses that is safe. One day, I got super tired and placed my glasses beside me in the bed out of laziness. The next morning I found out that I broke my eyeglasses as I might've laid on it. Please do not repeat my mistake. I don't have somebody but myself to blame for it.
  5. Avoid folding your eyeglasses as much as you can. My Aunt advised this and it works. When we always fold our eyeglasses when it is time to go to sleep, the hinges in the eyeglasses loosens and eventually we are left with an eyeglasses that comes off easily when stooping down.
Correct

Incorrect


How do you take care of your eyeglasses?

No comments:

Post a Comment