Saturday, September 18, 2021

Cooking Tip: How to Cook Rice in a Gas Burner Style # 2

 Cooking Tip: How to Cook Rice in a Gas Burner Style # 2


And so here it goes. As I've promised, I would be sharing another style of cooking rice in a gas burner.


Weeks before, I was scrolling on social media about home improvement and found out that people were having conversation about cooking rice. They said that this style was taught to them in elementary by their teacher. I was baffled but at the same time amazed as I didn't know this before. And today I decided to experiment and test out to see if it really works. So here are the steps.


After washing the rice, you let the pot boil even in high heat whatever it is your preference. When the pot boils, without opening the lid, turn off the heat. Do not open the lid. Wait until the water is seeped in to the rice (probably about 10-15 minutes? ). Open the lid and put on low heat. I added a bit of water as I find it a bit dry and wait for another 10-15 minutes. And then your done!


My mother actually noticed that there was something that I did with the rice and I told her what I did. The rice was what people call "buhaghag" and there was no brown crust in the rice. Yay! It works!

No comments:

Post a Comment