Saturday, May 15, 2021

A Bee Colony inside the Closet! Help!

 A Bee Colony inside the Closet! Help!


The windows in my room are usually opened so that there would be good circulation of air inside. I've been doing this for a couple of months or years even. But imagine the horror when you suddenly discovered that your closet has a hive of bees in it.









What to do? Help!

What I though first was to contact a pest control service. However, no one did replied to my inquiry for an estimation. And so then next step that I did was to search online for some tips. I found out that vinegar might help as the bees do not like certain smell just like the vinegar. What I did first was to open the windows and sprayed some vinegar on the wood and even placed a cup with a vinegar in it hoping they would go away. I found out some time that it was a failure as I realize that the hive became more larger like the picture below. 

And so I moved on to the next which was the mothballs. It is mainly used to ward of cockroaches but I thought that it might work. And luckily it worked!



No comments:

Post a Comment