Thursday, February 3, 2022

Renewing your Philippine passport this 2022? DFA Philippine passport renewal experience 2022

Renewing your Philippine passport this 2022? DFA Philippine passport renewal experience 2022





Okay, I don't know if there is already posted here online regarding how to renew your Philippine passport but here is my recent experience.


First thing you need to do is to secure your appointment slot at the DFA website. I got mine and my mom here at https://www.passport.gov.ph/appointment. I was lucky enough to get ours last December 2021 for this February slot. Actually, I was surprised to see available slots as I've been getting a lot of feedbacks that securing a slot even takes 2-3 months. Good thing that I followed the tip that I got from my brother which is to check the website from time to time as they are sometimes opening up slots. As you are filling up the details in the website, you'll see that 950 pesos is the regular processing fee and if you want it to be delivered to you, you have the option to pay for the courier which is 150 pesos via Air21. And because I decided to do my payment through online so that there will be no hassle in having to line to the cashier, there is a processing fee. The total amount that I paid for my passport renewal is 1150 pesos through Gcash and this is from regular processing only.


Before your scheduled appointment, be sure to print the document that will be sent to your e-mail bearing your appointment and application details in an A4 paper. One indication that you have successfully secured an appointment slot in DFA is to get a confirmation e-mail. You can check the validity of your slot through View Appointment  - https://www.passport.gov.ph/appointment/view where you have to input your Appointment Code and e-mail address.


The things you needed to bring on the day of your appointment will depend on the DFA website https://consular.dfa.gov.ph/services/passport/requirements/passport-adult/adult-renewal-epassport  so be sure check. Here is what we brought:

  1. Application details sent to your email from DFA printed in A4 paper (we printed 2 copies each just to be sure)
  2. Valid Identification card - Previous passport will suffice
  3. Photocopy of the valid identification card


You have to be 15-30 minutes earlier than your appointment time but even though you're earlier than that, fret not as they will still accommodate you. I got there at DFA Aseana at 09:30 am and went to Gate 3, presented to the guard the application form and then upon entry done a temperature check. I was directed to the left side entrance where upon entry presented my valid Id and form and put my bag in a X-ray baggage machine . Next is that on the left upon entry, you line in the area where they will confirm your appointment details. They scan the barcode in the paper and then I was asked to take of my mask for a brief time (I asked my mom if she experienced it but she wasn't asked) probably just to check if you are really the person in the previous passport that I presented. Next step is to go to the exit door past the releasing section then turn left where you'll pass through the comfort rooms and snack bar.  Go through the door entrance in front of the snack bar. 


Step 1 is on the ground floor where there will be personal interview and validation. If there are changes that are needed to be corrected, be sure to tell the interviewer. I told that my place of birth was incorrect on the application form so she corrected it. After that, I was then directed to go to the 2nd floor for picture taking/data capturing. I went to the 2nd floor and lined up in the booth for the queue number. I presented the application form and was given a number that will show in the tv screen. I think that the turn around was okay (10-15 minutes) as I was number 70 and when I sat down I saw that the recent number they were catering was at number 59. After I'm done, I went outside the door to inquire regarding the delivery services. I went in line because I do not know where I could ask regarding delivery. When I was the 18th person to be catered, a personnel announced suddenly "Yung mga nagbayad na online, hindi na po kayo pipila dito sa delivery service". And so I verified with him and he said that Air21 will deliver it to the address. I double checked with my mom and she said that the personnel in the data capturing already told her that everything is done and the passport will be delivered to the address.


Without taking the time that I lost because I lined up in the delivery/courier area, it took me less than 30 minutes to finish the whole process. Overall, my renewal experience was a breeze. There will be available personnel who'll assist you so if you are in doubt, don't be shy to ask around.


Hope this helps!




No comments:

Post a Comment