Sunday, April 5, 2020

Home Quarantine Newest Craze: Dalgona Coffee

Home Quarantine Newest Craze: Dalgona Coffee

Now that we are still waiting for the end of the quarantine period which will hopefully be after April 14, 2020, all of us can't wait for this COVID-19 pandemic to be over. I'm sure by now you might have heard of the newest trending craze: Dalgona Coffee. People had been video logging about this and I had joined the bandwagon because of my sister who had made it first. Her end product was very much tempting and I got envious so together with my brother, we each made one for ourselves!

If you want to do this and try it out for yourself, all you need to have is powdered coffee, sugar, ice cubes and fresh milk.

In a Dalgona Coffee basic recipe, you mix 2 tablespoons of coffee (but I put in mine 3! :-P) and 2 tablespoons of sugar with a bit of hot/room temperature of water. You mix it with a spoon, fork or mixer. You're lucky if you have a hand mixer 'cause it will take a short amount of time until it becomes frothy/foamy. I did it using a spoon while watching Netflix and the change in the mixture approximately took about 20-30 minutes.

Then you put ice cubes in a transparent mug or glass. Pour in the fresh milk until about 3/4 of your glass. Next, carefully put the mixture on top of the milk. Assemble to make it more a bit aesthetically appealing and then you can take your shot of your very own Dalgona Coffee!

To be honest, I was surprised that it was so good that I felt the coffee that I made was comparable those made in a cafe/coffee shop. It was exhausting to mix the coffee but let me tell you that it was all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment