Friday, March 7, 2014

A Cup of Tea

Tea. That is something that I like drinking. I like drinking tea in the morning, after eating meals or during mid-afternoon. I like drinking it when the weather is cold. Do you know that it is not called a tea if it is not taken from the plant Camellia sinensis? Otherwise, it is called a herbal infusion.

Drinking tea must have grown into me. 'Cause you know, I like it. Don't get me wrong. I also like drinking coffee. But for some unknown reason, it makes me sleepy. I get to have a quality sleep whenever I'm drinking coffee the night before. Too much milk and sugar? Maybe. However, I just remembered drinking coffee with minimal sugar and milk. Or wait, is it because it's mild? But how about the cold roasted coffee from Nescafe in a can? I kind of remembered that it was sweet yet it was effective for a pick me up.

So how did I start drinking tea? A couple of years ago, I was working part time on a grocery store and one of its perks is the freebies/samples. My supervisor gave me a sample of the Lipton milk tea powder and I just love it that it somehow inspired me. It made me think how they are able to make it because you know, it is a kind of pricey for my standard.

Days and months passed, I started drinking black tea from lipton. For some unknown reason, it just dawned on me to put a lot of creamer and sugar. Maybe it was the milk tea craze at that time. And yes, it tastes just as the lipton milk tea. I also tried adding milk from jasmine, earl grey, lemon and green tea but I still go back to the former. Black tea + loads of milk + sugar that is adjusted to your taste = Heaven.

One thing I like about tea is that I can drink it without milk and sugar. I've been trying to listen to my body and noticed that I tend to get susceptible to colds whenever I've consumed dairy products so as much as possible I stay away from it. When it comes to brand, I think the Gold Leaf brand is acidic. Lipton is a little expensive but their taste is okay especially their green tea. I like the Lyons brand. It’s throat-friendly. I tried their red tea, lemon tea, English breakfast, earlgrey tea which was good for colds, and I personally prefer its jasmine tea because it helps me relax. I used to drink it when it is cut-off day for the reimbursements because the week is stressful because I get load of papers that I need to process. Okay, I’m ranting but I’m grateful for that because I get to have my own mini-game version. I set goals and find it satisfying when I finished them at the set time.

Do you like drinking tea or coffee? If you're going to ask me if I was a coffee or a tea drinker, you've already got your answer. Have you ever notice that I used the word "like" a lot of times in this entry? Maybe "like" is not the right word. Maybe it's love.

No comments:

Post a Comment